Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WAY TO BE,TIGER!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAY TO BE,TIGER!!!

all i wanted to say.
    -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

I second that motion.

He's not a drummer though. I'm sure he could play well.
    My equipment:
    :: (Expanded, TDW-1 with V-Cymbal Control)
    :: 2x CY-15R, 1x CY12H, 2 CY12R/C
    :: 1x Pad-120, 8x Pad-80R, 6x PD-7, 1x PD-9, 1x KD-120
    :: 1x FD-7
    :: 1x Roland MDS-10, 6x Sonor Delite double cymbal stands
    :: 1x DW 5000 Pedal
    :: 1x Mackie 1202 VLZ
    :: 1x NAD C521 CD-Player

To be expanded soon ...

Comment

WE SUCK! no wait that was the lion!

// Daniel

[This message has been edited by ddummer (edited June 16, 2002).]
      Check my VSTi project! http://hem.bredband.net/b125831

Comment

Tiger will be the first black President of the United States. You heard it here first.
        Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbaker:
          Tiger will be the first black President of the United States. You heard it here first.
          Tiger is of mixed race. It's obvious from statements that he has made that he would not claim to be the first black president, any more than he'd claim to be the first asian president.

------------------

Comment

Tiger who?

Comment

Originally posted by Arriguy:
              Tiger who?
              Woods you be pulling our leg on this Arri?
              Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Know, eye wood knot.

Comment

from Rythmstik:

"Tiger is of mixed race. It's obvious from statements that he has made that he would not claim to be the first black president, any more than he'd claim to be the first asian president."

You make an excellent point, and I stand corrected.

On the other hand, to racists and bigots, the RELATIVE percentage doesn't matter, unfortunately.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that I think he is an impressive person - intelligent, carefully well-spoken, reflective, obviously focused and dedicated.

From what I can gather, he has long-range goals which revolve around social justice issues in general and may well include politics in particular.

Add to these assets world-wide recognition and admiration and his own personal war chest if need be, and we are looking at a formidable potential candidate.

And personally, I feel the fact that he is NOT white is a good and important thing.
                  Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

Who gives a ****e if the guy is mixed or whatever. Jee Zus. Welcome to the Stone Age. That's where my humour stops dead in its tracks. You guys are not going to pull this political correctness bull here, are you? The man can play golf, for Christ's sake. Best on the planet.

I rest my case!

[This message has been edited by deus62 (edited June 17, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by deus62 (edited June 17, 2002).]
                    My equipment:

To be expanded soon ...

Comment

Originally posted by deus62:
                      You guys are not going to pull this political correctness bull here, are you?
                      No Sir. Not me. How's this? I'll vote for him but I won't let my sister marry him. Wait a minute!!! This guy is, like, super rich isn't he? Let me restate the above. I won't vote for him but I'll let my sister marry him. Yeah. I'll do that!

Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Boingo,

once they're married, don't forget me. I still need three pads, a Sonor Delite stand and a crate of tequila.

I love you man!
                        My equipment:

To be expanded soon ...

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbaker:
                          from Rythmstik:

"Tiger is of mixed race. It's obvious from statements that he has made that he would not claim to be the first black president, any more than he'd claim to be the first asian president."

You make an excellent point, and I stand corrected.

On the other hand, to racists and bigots, the RELATIVE percentage doesn't matter, unfortunately.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that I think he is an impressive person - intelligent, carefully well-spoken, reflective, obviously focused and dedicated.

From what I can gather, he has long-range goals which revolve around social justice issues in general and may well include politics in particular.

Add to these assets world-wide recognition and admiration and his own personal war chest if need be, and we are looking at a formidable potential candidate.

And personally, I feel the fact that he is NOT white is a good and important thing.
                          I have no interest in golf, but Tiger is someone I admire. He has a no nonsense approach to excellence that inspires. I also admire the fact that he has not allowed himself to be co-opted by any of the PC groups out there - he respects all of his heritage (including white) and denigrates none of it by implying one is more important than the other. Tiger is indeed non-white, but he is equally, non-black, non-asian, etc. I have never read an instance where he played, or allowed someone else to play, the race card. He simply applies himself to the pursuit of excellence in his chosen field. He might indeed be a good political candidate and I would have to give serious thought to a cause he might support.

------------------

Comment

Race-card. That's some American thing, right?
                            My equipment:

To be expanded soon ...

Comment

Originally posted by deus62:
                              Race-card. That's some American thing, right?
                              Yes - it became popular during the OJ Simpson trial, when the defense claimed that the prosecution and the police were racist and had arrested OJ based upon the color of his skin. This defense was designed to counter the fact that he lived in a very upscale neighborhood and drove very, very expensive cars.

The gambit became known as playing the "race card", making a nod to a game of poker, where certain cards are played at certain times to win the game.

Crazyness, that racism is, and it comes in all forms and from all races. Crazyness.

Eracism, people.

- Hans
                              - Hans

Comment

Working...
                              X