Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

PCS-31 cable (aka Insert cable)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCS-31 cable (aka Insert cable)

I know many or most guys here are aware if the insert cable but for the benefit of the newer guys etc I thought I'd mention how cool these things are. Roland sells theirs as a PCS-31 which is essentially an expensive "insert cable" available at my local music store. It's a male 1/4" stereo at one end and two male 1/4" mono at the other. On a TD8 you can plug the stereo end into one on the dual zone inputs and connect the two mono ends into two separate pads. When you plug one mono end into a PD7, both the fsr rim and the piezo surface triggered the one assigned sound. So you can isolate two dedicated cymbal sounds (for example) on two separate dual (or single) zone pads both from the same input. Kinda cool!
    TD8, triggered Tempus carbon fibre acoustics. Triggered 13" x 7" Tempus c/f snares. 12" Ddrum snare. Various pads, CY-12, KD-8, way too many pedals. Meinl, Paiste, Sabian cymbals...

That's excellent. Sounds like something I may want to try with my nearly here Space Muffin snare. I've had this module for three years & have updated it recently but I'm realizing I've hardly scratched the surface of all the ways it can be used.....
    TD8, triggered Tempus carbon fibre acoustics. Triggered 13" x 7" Tempus c/f snares. 12" Ddrum snare. Various pads, CY-12, KD-8, way too many pedals. Meinl, Paiste, Sabian cymbals...

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't that particular cable also be attached to a pair of footswitches and be used to shift between Patches on a given module?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaay:
        Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't that particular cable also be attached to a pair of footswitches and be used to shift between Patches on a given module?
        Yes it can, and you can also use the pedals to switch kits, switch sequences, and other sequence controls.

Comment

Working...
        X