Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Peavey KB 100 as a monitor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey KB 100 as a monitor.

I am looking to buy a keyboard amp on a limited budget and was wondering if the Peavey KB 100 keyboard amp would be OK. I would be intrested to know if anyone has used one.
    I have a TD-8. It would be used for monitoring and practicing.

Thanks alot,

Mark

I use a KB/A 100 along with a Mackie SRS-1500 powered subwoofer for total output (monitor and front of house simultaneously). I find the KB/A has really nice mids and highs.

I have not used it by itself for monitoring and others have said the bottom end doesn't cut it for higher volumes, which is not surprizing. Nevertheless, for your purposes I think it is an excellent, low cost (under $300.00 on e-bay) choice. By adding the subwoofer later, you are ready to cook.

By the way, I prefer the KB/A - Mackie combination to a JBL EON G2 - Mackie combination.

On the other hand, if all you want is a personal monitor for stage as well as something for practice, the JBL EON G2, or other systems like the Mackie will do the job really well and will be all you will need.
    Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

I had a Peavey drum amp (quite similar to the keyboard combos) which I liked for its 2 inch tweeter (very important for clear cymbals and snare drums) but was a bit too weak overall.

So, for a low volume monitor it suits. Not for playing in small cafes.
      Robert

Comment

I have a little Fender KXR60 for home use, it sounds great and has a surprising amount of low end for it's size. It's light and inexpensive. It's voiced for use with drum machines modules etc.....The older KB100's are not.

[This message has been edited by jrcel (edited June 09, 2002).]
        Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

Working...
        X