Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difference in sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ufotofu
    replied
    If you're happy with it, keep it, and when the next round of modules comes out (TD-12, ddrum5) you can weigh the options again.

Leave a comment:

• IndustrialDrummer
    replied
    Originally posted by c. jude:
    If the module sounds good to you, it is.
    Definatly true. If you get a chance though you may want to see if the music store near you has a something newer such as the td-6 or 8. Jump on it and see what your ears say.

Leave a comment:

• Jaay
    started a topic Difference in sound

Difference in sound

Hi folks. This one is for the past and present TD-5 users out there(forgive me. I know I sound like a cheesy disc jockey, but it's the best phrasing I could find).

I have the TD-5 module. I like how it sounds. Yes, it's a little dated, but with the settings I have made, I think it sounds more like a processed acoustic sounds, like one would hear with good mastering. Again, I think it sounds fairly good. But I know as well as anyone else how fast the technology moves nowadays. I am seriously asking, is my module out of date? Should I consider getting a new one? For all those who shucked their older modules in favor of new ones: what was so superior about these new modules? Was is similarity to an acoustic? Please reply. I know this question isn't as well-formulated as my last few, but I'm hoping some external feedback will help me organize my thoughts. Thanks.

-Jaay
Working...
X