Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Difference in sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference in sound

Hi folks. This one is for the past and present TD-5 users out there(forgive me. I know I sound like a cheesy disc jockey, but it's the best phrasing I could find).

I have the TD-5 module. I like how it sounds. Yes, it's a little dated, but with the settings I have made, I think it sounds more like a processed acoustic sounds, like one would hear with good mastering. Again, I think it sounds fairly good. But I know as well as anyone else how fast the technology moves nowadays. I am seriously asking, is my module out of date? Should I consider getting a new one? For all those who shucked their older modules in favor of new ones: what was so superior about these new modules? Was is similarity to an acoustic? Please reply. I know this question isn't as well-formulated as my last few, but I'm hoping some external feedback will help me organize my thoughts. Thanks.

-Jaay

Originally posted by c. jude:
    If the module sounds good to you, it is.
    Definatly true. If you get a chance though you may want to see if the music store near you has a something newer such as the td-6 or 8. Jump on it and see what your ears say.
    td-6, pro-mark, remo, sabian, dw, tama rockstar.

Comment

If you're happy with it, keep it, and when the next round of modules comes out (TD-12, ddrum5) you can weigh the options again.
      Roland TD-20 v1.08, various v-drums and v-cymbals, Yamaha KP65's, Axis pedals, Gibraltar hardware, Mackie 1202/SRM450 (pre-china)

Comment

Working...
      X