Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V-Drums rule again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Drums rule again...

Did a session for a guy last night whom I've done some acoustic drum work for in the past. He'd heard the stuff I'd done with my band on the V's, and asked me to track some songs on the V's for his current project.

In short, he was blown away! I ran all electronic drums w/acoustic cymbals, and the guy was just in love with the sounds. In the time it would take to just place the mic & check it on the snare drum, we'd tried out about a dozen different snares, with tunings, head changes, shell changes, mic changes, etc.

Of note, he also thinks the kick is the best thing he's ever heard. The kick was:

Wood 1
    Shell Depth = deep
    Head = clear
    Tuning = 0
    Muffling = weight
    EQ = high shelf +3dB @ 5Khz
    Mic = Dynamic 1, normal position

That's just my standard kick, but you'd have thought it was the second coming by his reaction.

Ya gotta love making believers outta people.

-Danny
    -Danny

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

I had my first experience at recording last night also. The guitar teacher at the music store where I teach has been doing some light recording work (there is no studio in our area). He is putting together a demo for one of the vocal students to take to Nashville (TN) using a Roland BR-8. He used the BR-8's drum machine to time the lead, rhythm and bass parts and asked me to take a shot at the drum track.

He played the tracks for me one time through and I played along the second time to record. He was completely satisfied with the first attempt. Either I am better than I give myself credit or he wasn't very picky!!! It was a blast anyway!!!
    I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

Congratulations on laying your first track, Clymore! Different sorta feeling than playing live, eh?

Warning: recording can be addictive.

-Danny
      -Danny

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Working...
      X