Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Roland FD7 & Ddrum4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland FD7 & Ddrum4?

Hiya guys. Do any of you know whether the Roland HH pedal (FD7) will work well with the Ddrum 4 module?
    I know the Dd4 doesn't have the same graduation of sounds from open to closed as the TD8 but has only 2 or (3?) positions. That part's OK; but will the FD7 trigger the Dd4 properly as far as what the Dd4 is capable of?
    In other words, can I use my Roland pedal with the Dd module? Thanks!
    TD8, triggered Tempus carbon fibre acoustics. Triggered 13" x 7" Tempus c/f snares. 12" Ddrum snare. Various pads, CY-12, KD-8, way too many pedals. Meinl, Paiste, Sabian cymbals...

NO rolands fd-7 will not work with ddrum

------------------
    ~REDMAN~
    ~REDMAN~

Comment

Originally posted by drums911:
      Hiya guys. Do any of you know whether the Roland HH pedal (FD7) will work well with the Ddrum 4 module?
      I know the Dd4 doesn't have the same graduation of sounds from open to closed as the TD8 but has only 2 or (3?) positions. That part's OK; but will the FD7 trigger the Dd4 properly as far as what the Dd4 is capable of?
      In other words, can I use my Roland pedal with the Dd module? Thanks!
      You know, it's funny you should ask...

I just worked with a friend of mine this week on this very problem and we reverse-engineered the ddrum4 module's hi-hat input, the ddrum hi-hat and Roland FD-7, etc. and designed a small adapter circuit that works perfectly.

In other words, we successfully adapted a Roland FD-7 and PD-7 as a hi-hat for the ddrum4 brain and it works about as well as the expensive ddrum4 hi-hat (which I still prefer BTW because of the "action" being better) and isn't nearly as expensive.

It basically consists of a small circuit in a box with three jacks: one to the ddrum4 brain, one to the PD-7 (or whatever you are using for the cymbal -- no, it isn't chokable) and one to the FD-7 pedal (or whatever similar pedal you are using; not a Yamaha, but it could be changed to work with one). It does NOT require a battery or any other power supply. I've been considering developing a version of this for sale, anybody interested in buying one?? What's something like this worth?

Ed
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Drumbalaya! Specializing in electronic drum equipment.
      Ed Morin [ mailto:[email protected] ]
      Phone: 866-881-9313 / 425-881-9313 FAX: 425-881-6000 http://www.drumbalaya.com

Comment

Working...
      X