Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Difference between yamaha and roland pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between yamaha and roland pads

They look awfully similar, I mean the TP and PD series that is. Which ones are better?

Originally posted by burnt:
    They look awfully similar, I mean the TP and PD series that is. Which ones are better?
    Honestly, they seem pretty similar to me. I probably like the Rolands a bit better, but it's awful close. The mounting system is slightly different, but not better or worse per se.

Ed
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Drumbalaya! Specializing in electronic drum equipment.
    Ed Morin [ mailto:[email protected] ]
    Phone: 866-881-9313 / 425-881-9313 FAX: 425-881-6000 http://www.drumbalaya.com

Comment

I have played both and the Yamaha pads were a little bit quieter because the rubber seemed to be softer. The piezo mounting plate in the center of the pad is not connected to the bottom shell but suspended in the rubber allowing the plate to be isolated from the shell (push down on the center and see the rubber flex). This probably adds to the quietness of the pad. I have seen a few used Yamaha pads that the rubber was severely dried out and starting to crack open. Roland's rubber seems to be more durable. Roland also offers two different size comparable pads (PD-7/9).

I have had both the 80 and 80s Yamaha pads and still own two of the 80 mono pads I use at home on my TD-6 set.
      I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

Working...
      X