Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seattle V-Drummers Unite!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle V-Drummers Unite!

It has been proposed that we might stage an Emerald City V-Drummers get-together, and I think it is a great idea.

Anyone else in? We can decide on a date and venue when we know how many are interested...

-Danny
    -Danny

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Originally posted by fartnokker:
    It has been proposed that we might stage an Emerald City V-Drummers get-together, and I think it is a great idea.

Anyone else in? We can decide on a date and venue when we know how many are interested...

-Danny
    I'm in!

Check out my music: http://www.myspace.com/kellypaletta

Comment

OK!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by c. jude:
        If I'm out there around the time you schedule it, I might drop by. I'll be out there in a few weeks (in Redmond) actually, on business.
        Perhaps your visit would be incentive for the rest of us to settle on a date. When are you here? What dates look good?

Comment

I'm up for it...

-David
          -David

Comment

c.jude, lemme know when you'll be here, and we can try for sometime during that period. After all, the more the merrier. I have a rehearsal space in Redmond, anyway, so the Eastside wouldn't be a problem for me.

Anyone else?

-Danny
            -Danny

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Cool. Once we have tentative date, everyone can check in with availability.

-Danny
              -Danny

Comment

Well....I can't PLAY too well, but I'd love to hang with yous guys and soak up some skills by osmosis

I'm in, if you'll have me!

------------------
                Dan's Music Site; melodic, ethereal rock and more! Please have a listen :^)

Comment

(bump)

So what's the status of the Seattle v-drum shebang? c. jude, do you know yet when you will be in Redmond?

I am out of town for most of this week and next but am still looking forward to the opportunity to get together! Let's set a date.

Comment

That's okay, mano. Schedules is what schedules is... I'll ping you offline w/my contact info, so you can give us a buzz if you get some free time while you're here.

In the meantime, any ideas when would be good for the rest of us? I'm kinda busy this weekend (got a couple of gigs), but I think the following one is okay. Not to sound sexist, but Hooters is always a great meeting place...

Saturday the 11th, or Sunday the 12th sound good for anyone? A little lunchtime libation with a view? If anyone else has another idea, I'm pretty wide open. I have to appease the wife somewhat since she let me buy a new car (Jeep) yesterday, but I should be able to get free.

Let's hook up & socialize!

-Danny
                    -Danny

Comment

Sunday the 12th isn't ideal but could work for me. A weeknight might be better for me. Personally, I'd rather get together somewhere where we can play a little and share some (v-)drumming wisdom. Didn't somebody mention a rehearsal studio in Redmond (hint, hint)? What about pizza and beer and a little bit of drumming to go with it??

Just a thought. I'm flexible.

Comment

Originally posted by klp:
                        Sunday the 12th isn't ideal but could work for me. A weeknight might be better for me. Personally, I'd rather get together somewhere where we can play a little and share some (v-)drumming wisdom. Didn't somebody mention a rehearsal studio in Redmond (hint, hint)? What about pizza and beer and a little bit of drumming to go with it??

Just a thought. I'm flexible.

On second thought, Sunday the 12th is Mother's Day. I'm sure that I will be taking care of the kids all day, giving my wife a break.

Comment

Sorry, dude... My rehearsal space in Redmond is currently just storage for me. A little local band fronted by Ann & Nancy Wilson have the studio full-time for the next couple or three months to record their new album.

I'm all for doing a weeknight as well, but we might need to plan for a different site. Eastside or in the city doesn't really matter; I'm cool either way. In the city sure is closer for me, though!!!!

I'm open to ideas...

-Danny
                          -Danny

Comment

My little den studio in my house can only accommodate about three, max. four people at one time Otherwise, I'd say let's just all do it here at my house. I, too, rather like the idea, if it's possible, of getting together in a setting where we can play some (or you REAL drummers play, and I learn! )

Since it looks like there's five of us interested in hooking up, we could invade Guitar Center in Seattle or Southcenter For that, I would recommend either a Friday evening or Sunday right when they open...

Another possibility, though it's more expensive, is to all meet at the EMP? THE cool place for us all to share common interests, get to play around some, and soak up some mojo. Again, this would likely work better for most of us (well, ME anyway) on a weekend. I will be taking the day off on the Friday of Memorial Day weekend, though...

Just tossin' ideas around....

------------------

Comment

I live in Bellevue, so the east-side is good for me. What about the GC in Kirkland? I am all for not having to go to Seattle and try and find parking for less than what I will pay for whatever I am doing there. Hooters sounds fun, I guess cuz I have never been there. However, I also would love and opportunity to get around people who know what they are doing around a drum set I suck too by the way.

Are we talking about May 12th?

Comment

Working...
                              X