Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

New Amp possibly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Amp possibly?

Hey guys... while I continue to wait interminally long for the rest of my Vdrums to arrive (all together now -- GO HART GO HART GO HART! Maybe that will speed em up) I have been doing my research on amps. I have read all your posts regarding your recommendations, but for what I am going to be using, most of that is overkill. I am going to be getting a Roland KC-500. That said, I found an amp which no one seems to have a review for yet. Has anyone heard of the Behringer KX1200? Here is a link.
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/.../base_id/60392

Seems to be comparable to the KC-500, just not as quite as many watts, and the price is right. Anyone have any info good or bad here? I am going to be playing for small gigs and community theater stuff (venues which seat maybe 300-400). If I need power I would go thru the house system. So this is about what I need. I am pretty much sold on the KC-500 but is this a possibly cost-effective alternative?

Thanks alot for your input. This forum has provided me the intellectual "Nicotine Patch" I need till my kit arrives. I continue to learn a lot.
    Using Hart MegaPro with Roland TD8, amped by Roland KC-500

I have played theater gigs the size you are speaking of and I woulden't use anything smaller than a KC-500. I had the thing cranked up and it was just enough. Had to roll some low end off as well from the distortion. Worked well though, timpani sounded great!
    V-Custom w Roland TD-8 and and Alesis DM5, DIY edrums

Comment

Thanks... that helps! Did the bass carry far enough thru the house?
      Using Hart MegaPro with Roland TD8, amped by Roland KC-500

Comment

Working...
      X