Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taxes

yeah, I hear ya... First time I've had to pay.

Comment

I only get taxes back

------------------
      My Personal homepage - MPCman's E-drum Picsite! currently with 12 profiles
      Music was my first love...

Comment

We all have to pay. Some of us overpay...then we get a little back. I seem to always owe!

Comment

If you really believe you didn't have to pay, look at line 40 on your form 1040. Whatever amount is there, that is the amount the Feds have confiscated from you. Then imagine how much musical equipment that amount would buy.

Comment

Originally posted by Arriguy:
            If you really believe you didn't have to pay, look at line 40 on your form 1040. Whatever amount is there, that is the amount the Feds have confiscated from you. Then imagine how much musical equipment that amount would buy.
            Since I'm a student I don't work fulltime, so I am below the minimum year income from where you have to pay tax. A part of my wage is paid to the goverment as tax, but since I don't have to pay anything I get the money from last year back in may or june.

------------------

Comment

And being a worker I pay MPCman's school.

So, hurry up MPCman, go back to college instead of hanging around here
              Robert

Comment

And when I've finished school I pay for your retirement

------------------

Comment

Always remember, guys: Government doesn't run for free, we elect the people who make the decisions, and we're all free to leave & go somewhere else if we don't like it. This, of course, only applies to those of you in the U.S. It ain't perfect, but I'll take it over anywhere else, taxes and all... That's probably because I'm getting back a pretty hefty sum this year! Here's to having a huge mortgage!!!!!!

-Danny
                  -Danny

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

That's true Danny and I don't mind that. What chaps my ass is the needless crap we pay for...like the statue in Birmingham, the golf course in North Georgia, the bowling museum in Ohio, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

Amen, brother! That's why I wish the line-item veto would come to pass... Now, back to your regularly scheduled V-drum talk:

Is anyone using their tax returns to buy new gear????

-Danny
                      -Danny

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Although I didn't plan it this way, I have the option of using my IRS refund to pay for the Hart Pro padset I ordered almost four months ago! Of course, by the time I actually get the padset, I may have already spent the refund money (Christmas 2002?)
                        E-drums: TD-20, RT-5S triggers on snare/toms, KD-7s, VH12, CY-14Cs, CY-15R, Pintech splash.
                        A-drums: Zickos (amber) w/ all Zildjians.

Comment

Originally posted by sepdrums:
                          I'm with you, I just got my UK tax code today and by god are they going to hammer me this next finacial year

Comment

I played in various rock, wedding, and club bands from 1982 to 1995 . . . got paid in cash and didn't pay a dime in tax . . . bahahahaha

Comment

The band I was in for 5 years ending about two years ago, had a guitar player who was the State Tax Commisioner!!

Needless to say, we reported everything.

On the other hand, no guilt, no worries, and lots of Legitimate Expenses - sticks, heads, etc, and a giant bottle of J&B for each and every gig. And some rehearsals too
                              Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

Working...
                              X