Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Where'd the tdw-10 kits go after I upgraded w/tdw-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where'd the tdw-10 kits go after I upgraded w/tdw-1

There are a couple of kits that I liked on my tdw-10...how do I retrieve them now that I've upgraded with the tdw-1. Also, if I want to make up a "custom" kit, do I need to "overwrite" one of the 50 existing kits? Is it then replaceable? Thanks in advance for your help...I am a brand new v-session owner and the manuals are not exactly to the point...
    Roland V-Session PL with tdw-1

Right out of the TDW-1 Manual:
    Remarks (IMPORTANT)

When performing upgrade, ALL DATA in the TD-10 will be lost. Save your CURRENT data to the Memory Card (M-512E), or to an external MIDI sequencer (BULK DUMP) BEFORE making the upgrade. This data can be loaded back into the expanded TD-10 AFTER executing the upgrade procedure.

You can load this data of your non-expanded TD-10 to the new expanded TD-10 after executing the upgrade procedure.

Data from an upgraded/expanded TD-10 can NOT be used by a non-expanded TD-10.

The expanded TD-10 will not work if you remove the TDW-1 after performing the upgrade.

You cannot restore the expanded TD-10 to the non-expanded TD-10.
    ---------
    And if you want to know how to restore the original preset (factory) kits, read page 117 of the TD-10 manual.

Any TD-10 customized kits are toast.

YES, you have to overwrite one of the 50 kits if you want to customize one.

Now promise you will read your manual every day. Have a good time with your new toy. I don't charge much for this advice. Just send me your V-cymbals.
    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Yes, I like that feature.
      Overwriting kits, yet still being able to access them all.

------------------
      Woody
      Woody

2002 Purple V-Session w/PM-3 monitor-TDA-700 amplifier

1971 Psychedelic Red Ludwig Rockers with Zildjian cymbals

Comment

Hmmmm
        Must..... hold......back (groan)...... from ...... replying....... Too ....... much ....... to ...... resist (struggle)...... can't ....... do ........ it (strain)...... must .... flame ..... jluce.

CONGRATULATIONS JLUCE!!!!
        You are the 50,001 person to ask this question!!!! Now, assuming you are not a troll (and given the title of the thread, I think you may well be), please follow the good Dr's advice and learn how to use the SEARCH
        Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Working...
        X