Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

50 ways to leave your lover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 ways to leave your lover

OK, so I didn`t figure this one out by listening. Does anyone know where I can find a transcription?

Vandal

http://www.intrepidsoftware.com/sgadd/gr_50.html

------------------
    Woody
    Woody

2002 Purple V-Session w/PM-3 monitor-TDA-700 amplifier

1971 Psychedelic Red Ludwig Rockers with Zildjian cymbals

Comment

Thanks!!

Vandal

Comment

If you want to cheat:

I once watched a Paul Simon laserdisc (circa 1980) with Steve Gadd on drums. The camera focused on Steve while he was playing that beat, and lo and behold...he was playing the hi-hat part using his left hand instead of his right. I had tried to figure that one out for years, and by using the left hand, it all fell into place!!

I have seen many players play some of the hi-hat part using the foot, but Steve did not do that in this particular video, and it sounded the same! Another example of the "KISS" doctrine.
        I think, therefore I am....or at least I think I am!

Comment

the riff gadd uses involves the left hand and foot on the high hat.......but it's very hard to see........go to digevent drum site to see the riff in action.......it's one of the "beats of the week"
          -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

I gotta go with GRRAVEE on the Digevent. Dave has the sheet music to go with the video. You can print it out and go with that. Best part is he breaks it down into parts and explains things like the left handed hi-hat. Check it out:
            http://www.digevent.com/events/consu...t/archives.asp

Scott
            $pace @ce

Comment

Steve Gadd demonstrates this groove on his first video ( Up Close) and he definitely used the left foot aswell as the left hand.
              Steve

Comment

Working...
              X