Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Crrrrrraaaack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crrrrrraaaack

Hey all. I had my first battle wound yesterday night. FYI...it IS possible to overtighten your mounts. As I was tightening my TD-8 module, I hear crrrrack. Nothing more disheartening than that.

Welcome to the club, Brufordwannabe. Those damn things are more sensitive than my wife when she..... uh oh, here she comes! Better minimize, quick!
    V-Custom w Roland TD-8 and and Alesis DM5, DIY edrums

Comment

My friend drove over his Vstudio in his car a couple of weeks back. It made a very similar noise!
      Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Was that on purpose, or by accident? I hear they make for good traction if you are stuck in a muddy ditch. (hey, just trying to get to a hundred)

Comment

Funny you say that Steve I did the same thing about a year ago to my TD 8 module .Well I didn't but I sat it on the ground in a case (soft bag) and a friend ran it over. Luckly my tech is real good at circut board repair (38 solder breaks) and he made it useable and my insurance claim made me enought to get me a TD 10 exp on ebay so it all worked out for once. I am not using the td 8 much anymore the td 10 is much better live for me with seperate outs. Well theres my story from the road . See YA

Originally posted by Steveo the Devo:
          My friend drove over his Vstudio in his car a couple of weeks back. It made a very similar noise!

Comment

Originally posted by Steveo the Devo:
            Once I saw a woman accidentally back her car over a violin. It made more of a "bbbbbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrinnggggg" sound along with a loud crack! Splinters everywhere!

The neighbor lady backed over her cat a few times when we were kids. Y'know the old, "I think I hit something. Better pull forward... There it is AGAIN!" routine. I was fortunate to NOT witness that event.

Check out my music: http://www.myspace.com/kellypaletta

Comment

Originally posted by klp:
              Once I saw a woman accidentally back her car over a violin. It made more of a "bbbbbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrinnggggg" sound along with a loud crack! Splinters everywhere!

The neighbor lady backed over her cat a few times when we were kids. Y'know the old, "I think I hit something. Better pull forward... There it is AGAIN!" routine. I was fortunate to NOT witness that event.

Maybe Roland was in your neck of the woods sampling to get all those really cool drum sounds.
              Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

I saw all of this talk about running over drum modules, so I had to try it.. I set up my ddrum 3 on one side and my ddrum 4 on another...I got a running start and WHAM.... I must have launched 3 feet in the air....however since the ddrum3 is a bit taller than the 4, I didnt get a square launch and eventually rolled to the right... I landed square on my roof and totalled my vehicle...

I went back to see what happened to the brains....you guessed it... not a scratch or dent. Steel casings I suppose.

Erik

Comment

Oh and in case you're interested..the amount to replace a broken mount on a V set is $20.00. What a rip! Roland says that it is not a part covered under warranty. This ranks right up there with not giving us the instructional video with our kits and charging us $50.00 after we just spent $3,000. Way to go!

Comment

Working...
                  X