Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Stupid Hi-Hat question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Hi-Hat question

Hi, hope this doesn't sound too stupid, and couldn't find this using the search function. I have the V-Session with the expansion card and love it all except for the hi-hat. I seem to get mis-hits, especially using certain kits. I'm just not comfortable with it. My question is can I use an acoustic hi-hat and still get the sounds through the TD-10 so everything sounds in balance? Is there som sort of trigger I could use with the acoustic.

Thanks!

I've never heard of anyone triggering a drum module with an acoustic hi-hat, but maybe one our more venerable contributers has an idea how to do it.

I never have problems with my V-Session hi-hat using the TD-10 expanded. Have you tried adjusting the sensitivity and threshold settings to accomodate your playing style? Are you using Bank 2 as prescribed in the TDW-1 manual?

I ask the above, because we have all seen complaints about hot spots, cross sticking and the infamous ride cymbal bell trigger, but the hi-hat seems to be one of the least problematic triggers. Its not an acoustic, mind you, but basically does what its designed to do IMHO.

Comment

What do mean by "mis-hits"? Do you get drop-outs, double-triggers or the like? It sounds to me as if you have some sort of connection problem or an incorrect setting in your trigger-bank! Check if the trigger is set to the hi-hat pad you are using.

There should not be any mis-hits!

My equipment:
      :: (Expanded, TDW-1 with V-Cymbal Control)
      :: 2x CY-15R, 1x CY12H, 2 CY12R/C
      :: 1x Pad-120, 8x Pad-80R, 6x PD-7, 1x PD-9, 1x KD-120
      :: 1x FD-7
      :: 1x Roland MDS-10, 6x Sonor Delite double cymbal stands
      :: 1x DW 5000 Pedal
      :: 1x Mackie 1202 VLZ
      :: 1x NAD C521 CD-Player

To be expanded soon ...

Comment

I agree, its worked fine up until a month ago, but certain kits, like kit#6, hat closed, the sound has become very inconsistant. Hard to explain, but I'm not happy with it.

Comment

Hi Tully,

what's kit #6 on your set? The standard TDW-1 Rocker (Never liked that hi-hat sample much)? Mine have been moved around a lot ... I've got 7 of my own kits (mostly tweaked from the 5/4 Funk one) up front.
          My equipment:

To be expanded soon ...

Comment

Yes, #6 = Rocker, I'm at work and couldn't remember what it was called. Thanks!

Comment

Hi Tully,

sorry, was away and can't get back to you right now either. I'll post something here tomorrow ... once I've put the "Rocker" back on the module.
              My equipment:

To be expanded soon ...

Comment

check your trigger settings............
                -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

Originally posted by GRRAVEE:
                  check your trigger settings............
                  ditto.

Rigging up an acoustic trigger (that works well) could be painful. You can almost be certain it is
                  a) Incorrect trigger settings
                  b) Faulty pad/leads
                  Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Working...
                  X