Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does anyone do this?? virtual bands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anyone do this?? virtual bands?

With high spede internet connections and computer multitracking I was thinking how it would be fun to create songs by people doing individual tracks and then passing them along to anothre musician

For example, A drummer creates a drum track and sends it to a guitar player who creates a guitar track and then both goto a bass player etc...

Is there a web site for doing this or has anyone heard of people doing this? It sound like fun

Try the rocket network...
    http://www.rocketnetwork.com

Comment

I took a look at rocketnetwork.. looks too complex for me.. I was thinking simply host a ftp site that 3 or 4 people use to trade wav/mp3 files back and forth. And all 3 or 4 people would have cool edit for example to sync up thier part for the song.

For example, I have some songs I have made and have done all the instruments but I would like to find a good drummer to take the song and re do the drum track and send it to me then I could add all the other parts and make it a complete song.

I would think there would be people doing the same sort of thing out there

Comment

Working...
      X