Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rush- Holmdel NJ. Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rush- Holmdel NJ. Anyone?

I just got my tickets and was wondering if anyone else was going to this show. I haven't seen that many people post from the Northeast. I'm psyched. I've never seen them before and can't wait. It seems like I've been to every other concert around but them. Been wanting to see them since about '86 but never quite got around to it. (King of all Procrastinators)

The only thing that killed me was the price. $170 for a pair and the seats aren't even THAT good. Has anyone else noticed that the price of concert tickets has skyrocketed in the past few years or is it just me? I've seen well over a hundred concerts since '83 or so and I understand inflation and the need to raise prices but this is getting ridiculous. I know, I know, I don't have an accounting degree but I understand the supply and demand rule and the old "Well if people are willing to pay..." bit but I mean come on. Lucky for me I can half-assed afford to go see the shows I want to. I feel for the younger (or older) people who would like to go see a few of their favorite bands rock out but have to narrow it down to just one because they can't afford the outrageous prices.

Just had to vent that little bit. There will be more to come when the Visa bill arrives. Anyway, just looking forward to the show and maybe seeing some fellow e-drummers there.

PS. Ticketmaster can kiss my a** with their $13 "convenience" charge. Thank you for listening.

if you have'nt seen rush live.......you'll shyt yer pants.your artistic and daily life will be different afterwords.sounds a bit dramatic or over the top right?you'll see.un-freakin believable.with the exception of zepplin.......i've seen em all,as a roady and a fan...YES,GENESIS,BOSTON,JOURNEY,MCCARTNEY(FLOWERS IN THE DIRT)CARS,THE POLICE,WHO,STONES,BOWIE YOU NAME EM I'VE SEEN EM.by far-the best live performance you'll ever witness is on those two little tickets you just bought.welcome to the club.now sit down strap in and shaddup cause rush is gonna kick ur arse brudda...................

[This message has been edited by GRRAVEE (edited April 26, 2002).]
    -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

Check the "closer to the heart" video:
      http://search.launch.yahoo.com/lsearch/video?p=rush

Live sound from the test for echo tour.

// Daniel
      Check my VSTi project! http://hem.bredband.net/b125831

Comment

I consider myself forewarned GRRAVEE and I'll heed your advice. Thanks for the link ddummer. As a matter of fact I was so inspired that I went and spent more of my hard earned money for their show 3 nights later in Camden NJ. That way I can catch anything I missed the first time. So much for leading the rallying cry against over-priced concerts. I guess I'll never learn.

[This message has been edited by kv968 (edited April 28, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by kv968 (edited April 28, 2002).]

Comment

solid bro....
          -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

Working...
          X