Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

What was broken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was broken?

I just wonder what V-stuff broke down with you guy's.

For me in the last seven years:
    - two pd-7 pads (connector was broken)
    - one PD-9 (connector was broken)
    - Two MDS-7 stands (had to buy new one's)
    - TD-7 basetrigger connector

The last year I bought PD-120/100 pads, the KD-120 and the CY's 14/15. Till now no problems.
    I play with my V's about seven hours a week.

Groeten,

Peter

------------------
    My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures and listen to our songs)
    My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures, videoclips and listen to our songs)

Hit the 3 yr mark the beginning of April. So far, I had a PD-7 (hi-hat pad) trigger wire resoldered after 2 1/2 yrs of play . I also had a rack clamp break but that's because the guitarist spun around and whacked the crap out of it.

Our V-pro's at our Church haven't done so well - they're ~4 yrs old. Several cymbal mounts have bit the dust, I think 4. The KD-7 just last week started missing. One of the guys is checking it over. The rubber trim is beat up pretty bad and has been for 2 yrs. One PD-9 cracked completely in two. The headphone connection had to be resoldered (due to lack of strain relief).

In all fairness, they get played for 5 services, several practices and a youth group every week. And they don't hit them lightly either. I think that's good mileage for that amount of time.
    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

I don't play V's and have had np breakdowns in 12 years, I guess I'm lucky. Of course I expect to now.
      Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

Mine are holding up pretty good.
        http://www.metrocast.net/~rhythm/woodman.MPG

Gotta get better lighting, though.

------------------
        Woody
        Woody

2002 Purple V-Session w/PM-3 monitor-TDA-700 amplifier

1971 Psychedelic Red Ludwig Rockers with Zildjian cymbals

Comment

I've only had a defective ddrum4 brain since I bought it. Then when I finally concluded it was the brain and not me doing weird stuff, it took 8 months and I had to send it for repairment 3 times before I got a new working one.
          It works great now.

------------------
          My Personal homepage - MPCman's E-drum Picsite! currently with 13 profiles
          Music was my first love...

Comment

Ummm... a few broken clamps, par for the course.

However, when compared to my previous experiance with my acoustics, I can honestly say that any 'broken' VDrum equipment is chicken feed compared to the on-going problems I used to have with acoustic hardware.
            Driving a great song is better than driving a great car!!

http://mysite.verizon.net/landin82/

Comment

Looking at the response, Roland must be making pretty good stuff!

------------------
              My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures and listen to our songs)
              My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures, videoclips and listen to our songs)

Comment

Broken clamp club...

We could start a whole new club.

Yep, joined it today, ccrrraaaaccck, flop!

Wasn't really turning it all that hard. Oh, well first one in over a year! I went out and bought a Gibraltar and a Dixon (for comparison purposes).

I did notice with both the Gibraltar and Dixon clamps there is absolutely no movement when the pad is struck.

The Roland clamps are the Vkits greatest weakness.

I guess I will soon be replacing them all!
                Kelly Mercer
                Halifax, Nova Scotia
                Canada

My Youtube Channel!
                http://www.youtube.com/user/VirtualMP3Studio

My "home studio" webcam!
                http://virtualmp3studio.ww.com/

Comment

It's been what, 3 1/2 years and nothing has gone wrong, except I exchanged my snare for my lowest tom as the blue cone looked a bit piqued. Pretty impressive, I'd say.
                  Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

In 2 1/2 years, I've only had a clamp break and a stripped locknut on a cymbal boom. Last month I transferred to a Gibraltar rack for road-worthiness. Yes, it's heavier, but worth it for stability, less crosstalk and the chrome looks better under lights than the black V-Custom rack. This topic's been covered in the past and the replies were pretty much the same. I'm considering buying a TD-6 for backup, though.

Comment

i'd say the most impressive thing is that jrcel has been playing the same set of heads for 12 years .
                      -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

Re: Broken clamp club...

Originally posted by Cyberjam
                        The Roland clamps are the Vkits greatest weakness.
                        Strange There are many more people who broke there clamps, but I have all my clamps for seven years now, and never broke one. My clamps are of an older type than what Roland delivers today. Maybe the older once are of a better quality?

Groeten, Peter
                        Last edited by mrVRock; 09-19-02, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Hmmm, maybe...

For months I read post after post about how the clamps just cracked and or broke. I figured there must have been some defect or they were being over tightened.

The clamp that broke had been adjusted a total of 3 times. I have a photo of what broke. I wasn't too suprised when it let go due to the multiple posts I had read.

I will replace all the clamps with Gibraltar eventually. I would rather a hatched metal design than the plastic Roland model.

I have had my kit nearly two years and this is the only thing that has ever broke down. On the other hand my kit has not moved from the room I set it up in. I do play them almost every day but I am not playing in the bars so I do not tear down and set up frequently.

I wonder if this item had a defect?
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Cyberjam; 09-19-02, 09:05 AM.
                          Kelly Mercer
                          Halifax, Nova Scotia
                          Canada

My Youtube Channel!

My "home studio" webcam!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberjam
                            I wonder if this item had a defect?
                            If it did, it had the exact same defect as my clamp... looks a lot like mine...

Comment

Clamp number two...

Second one let go last night.

You see, since I set this kit up in my little home studio I have not moved it very much. It has just been the past few days that I have been getting the idea to move things around for ergonomics sake. I have some extra time and decided to get a better placement of the pads.

I did not over tighten this item. There was no resistance and then snap! I gave it a turn and somewhere in the middle of the turn it let go.

Two clamps in three days after two years of use?

Very odd.

Off to the local music store for some hatched metal ones...
                              Kelly Mercer
                              Halifax, Nova Scotia
                              Canada

My Youtube Channel!

My "home studio" webcam!

Comment

Working...
                              X