Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VDRUM PICKLE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VDRUM PICKLE?

I OWN A AN EXPANDED TD-10 KIT AND LOVE IT. HOWEVER, IT'S TOO BIG TO PLAY SHOWS WITH. I'D LIKE TO SWITCH OVER TO 8 INCH PADS WITH THE SMALLER CAGE. IS IT WORTH IT TO TRY AND SELL JUST MY 10 AND 12 INCH PADS WITH THE CAGE? ANY SUGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

BRI

Well I think lots of members over here would be happy to trade their TD-8 padset+rack for your stuff....

If I were you I'd keep the big pads to use them with the new small pads for one huuuuuge kit

------------------
    My Personal homepage
    MPCman's E-drum Picsite!
    Music was my first love...

Comment

Yup, that's one reason why I like my Customs: All of the pads and cymbals pack nicely into a picnic cooler (TD-8 and kick pad in a separate padded bag), and the rack with cables attached folds up nicely. Sets up in a compact space. (I use a Gibraltar 350GC rack, but cut the front bar shorter and used the extra as a side arm for the snare, like the stock Roland Custom rack.) Also, when I play my acoustics, the heads seem *huge* and accuracy is a no-brainer...

Comment

Originally posted by senepede:
        I OWN A AN EXPANDED TD-10 KIT AND LOVE IT. HOWEVER, IT'S TOO BIG TO PLAY SHOWS WITH.
        BRI
        It's been 3 yrs since I owned my acoustic drums but I sure don't remember them taking up less room than my V-Pro's. At these shows you play, what do they do when the drummer shows up with a set of acoustics?

If you say there isn't enough room, I believe you but it seems like something's peculiar about the places you play. Fortunately something is available to help.

You can try selling as you have stated but you generally don't come out ahead that way. I could see where you could get lucky, and work out a trade with someone looking for larger. Post it and see what happens.
        Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

I would be VERY interested in a trade. I have the 8 inch pads with a smaller rack. I have been wanting to upgrade recently but I am short on cash. Please email me at [email protected] if you would like to trade. Thanks!
          V-Custom w Roland TD-8 and and Alesis DM5, DIY edrums

Comment

I OWN A AN EXPANDED TD-10 KIT AND LOVE IT. HOWEVER, IT'S TOO BIG TO PLAY SHOWS WITH. I'D LIKE TO SWITCH OVER TO 8 INCH PADS WITH THE SMALLER CAGE. IS IT WORTH IT TO TRY AND SELL JUST MY 10 AND 12 INCH PADS WITH THE CAGE? ANY SUGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

BRI
            This must be an 1 April joke or how do you call it over there, fools day?

------------------
            My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures and listen to our songs)
            My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures, videoclips and listen to our songs)

Comment

hey of course i have a lot of smaller pads u could use. rubber and mesh. hehehee lets trade!!!!!!
              td-8

Comment

Damn! The only April fool joke anyone played on me and I didn't even realize it until today! Don't I look silly. Well, if anyone want's to trade me their V Session for an old paractice pad I have, let me know. It is wood sunburst with a well used rubber square that looks like old cheese. Damn, I didn't even see that comming!
                V-Custom w Roland TD-8 and and Alesis DM5, DIY edrums

Comment

thanks for all your help on this issue. i'm still not sure what i'm going to do, but i assure you that this is no joke. i'm actually looking foward to increasing my aim on the smaller pads. i do have another question, however. is there any difference between the 8 inch pads compared to the 10 and 12 inch? thanks.......

bri

Comment

is there any difference between the 8 inch pads compared to the 10 and 12 inch? thanks.......

bri
                    Sure, you all think I'm gonna say 2 to 4 inches. Well, I'm not!
                    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

The 10" and 12" pads look somewhat more like "real drums" than the 8". The 12" pads are dual trigger, the 10" are single trigger, and the 8" comes in both single and dual trigger versions. Otherwise, there ain't much difference besides size.
                      Roland TD-20 v1.08, various v-drums and v-cymbals, Yamaha KP65's, Axis pedals, Gibraltar hardware, Mackie 1202/SRM450 (pre-china)

Comment

thanks for the response. i didn't know that the 8 inch pads could be dual trigger. that's great.

bri

Comment

mpcman "PETER" perfect name for a di*k like you............jed

[This message has been edited by studioVjeff (edited April 13, 2002).]

Comment

did I just miss something here???

Comment

Working...
                            X