Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Moog Percussion Controller??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moog Percussion Controller??

So... what is this thing? It looks like it could be the first proper electronic drum.

Any info?

Cheers,
    Mike.

I don't know if this is the same model, but I saw a Moog e-drum pad on eBay once. I saved the pictures and copy pasted the text to a .txt file. Here it is:

This is a rare Moog 1130 Drum Trigger Controller, made to interface with Moog synthesizers such as the
    Minimoog, Sonic Six and others that include onboard Accessory power jacks. From the manual:

"The 1130 Drum Controller is a drum which is modified with extensive electronic circuitry. It
    produces triggers (both "S" and "V") and discrete contril voltage changes each time the head is
    struck. (It) is an electro-acoustical transducer that produces a short trigger and a control voltage
    change when the drum head is struck."

And the pics:

------------------
    My Personal Website links updated! - Electronic drums Picture site currently with 10 profiles
    Music was my first love...

Comment

I had one. the trigger inside was a speaker.Mine was older as it had ludwig lugs and a slightly differnt paint job. It did some nice tricks (for its time)filter sweep,clock run, and the classic disco sounds.there was another e-drum around the same time called impact. (i saw it before the moog,around 1973)It looked liked upside down lamp shades (silver) with light brown bakelite playing surfaces. there were 3 drums. out of the two the moog gave you more and better sounds. I also hurd of a italian full drumset called hollywood around 1969-71.

Comment

Working...
      X