Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moog Percussion Controller??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moog Percussion Controller??

So... what is this thing? It looks like it could be the first proper electronic drum.

Any info?

Cheers,
    Mike.

I don't know if this is the same model, but I saw a Moog e-drum pad on eBay once. I saved the pictures and copy pasted the text to a .txt file. Here it is:

This is a rare Moog 1130 Drum Trigger Controller, made to interface with Moog synthesizers such as the
    Minimoog, Sonic Six and others that include onboard Accessory power jacks. From the manual:

"The 1130 Drum Controller is a drum which is modified with extensive electronic circuitry. It
    produces triggers (both "S" and "V") and discrete contril voltage changes each time the head is
    struck. (It) is an electro-acoustical transducer that produces a short trigger and a control voltage
    change when the drum head is struck."

And the pics:

------------------
    My Personal Website links updated! - Electronic drums Picture site currently with 10 profiles
    Music was my first love...

Comment

I had one. the trigger inside was a speaker.Mine was older as it had ludwig lugs and a slightly differnt paint job. It did some nice tricks (for its time)filter sweep,clock run, and the classic disco sounds.there was another e-drum around the same time called impact. (i saw it before the moog,around 1973)It looked liked upside down lamp shades (silver) with light brown bakelite playing surfaces. there were 3 drums. out of the two the moog gave you more and better sounds. I also hurd of a italian full drumset called hollywood around 1969-71.

Comment

Working...
      X