Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Vdrums in direct sunlight and heat???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vdrums in direct sunlight and heat???

On may 3rd my band will playing at Hofstra University. I dont have all the details yet, but I'm pretty sure it will be outside in direct sunlight. It is on may 3rd so it will probably be about 80 degrees. I use a Vsession kit. Has anyone had any problem with td-10 modules as they get hot. Im not too worried about the pads. I realize that the black cymbals will probably heat up pretty quickly, but Im hoping that the triggering difference will small.

I'm most concerned with td-10 and its clitches rearing their ugly heads. I've had problems in the past with the td-10 magically changing kits on its own and other sorts of funny little things. This kit changing problem has seemed to have gone away nicely on its own, but I dont want to aggravate it in front of a crowd of people. Anyone had any (bad)experience with this??

------------------
    -Drumlogic, V-session, Visulite/roland cymbals, (2)Mackie srm-450's, bbe 482 sonic maximizer,
    -Drumlogic, V-session, Visulite/roland cymbals, (2)Mackie srm-450's, bbe 482 sonic maximizer,

I have played a number of outdoor gigs with my TD-10, some where it is in direct sunlight for several hours. I'm in Atlanta where the outdoor temps are often in the 90s with high humidity as well. Knock on wood, there has never been a problem with the any of the drum gear. If you are anxious about it, take a fan and put it on your module.

Comment

Maybe you can rig up some type of shade over it ?
      Clamp something to the rack?
      Just a thought.
      GL
      The original Gig Pig.

Comment

I've played several outdoor gigs in warm summer temperatures and/or direct sunlight. What I've done is cover the TD-10 module with a small towel to keep the sun from hitting it directly. Just lift it up slightly to see/change kits or use a footswitch to move between kits.

The towel also helps to keep moisture (or evening "dew"...) off the module too.

To date, I haven't had any problems...

Comment

This is good to hear. I thought for sure some people here had some horror stories about this.

------------------

Comment

I have did a ton of outdoor gigs with my rig and at a few I was caught in the rain (Luckly the union crews brought tarps). I have never had a problem with heat the only thing is a LCD display is useless outside in the sun so if you plan on editing or changing kits you better do it in soundcheck or before the day of show. Here is a picture link of and small show I did. I have added two CY14c since this show.http://www.geocities.com/zekedrum/Mark_s_drum_Page.html

[This message has been edited by zekedrum (edited April 04, 2002).]

Comment

Very kool kit zekedrum. I noticed you were lucky enough to park it in the shade somewhat.

------------------

Comment

Working...
              X