Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Pink Floyd drum sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pink Floyd drum sound

I just love my Vdrumset for that PF sound.

See pictures, and hear some songs on http://www.pink-division.com

------------------
    Arne, the Norsman
    TD10 exp, Hart pro 6,4, Yamaha O3D mixer, Ecler EPC 7000, 6136 W RMS sound system, etc etc..

www.pink-division.com

Didn't Nick Mason and Gary Wallis use Kurzweil K2000's on that album?
    Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

I'm a PF fan from waaayyy back. I've heard several tribute bands and I have to say this is one of the better. Nice job!

Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Nice job indeed. Pink Floyd is my all-time favorite band, with Rush ranking a close second. Nick Mason rules!!

Your drum sounds are very cool, especially that "gong drum" sound that lands on "3". My brother always gives me **** because I have a kit on my TD-8 I call "Breathe" that sounds.....well, like Pink Floyd drums.

I don't know about the album, but Nick Mason and Gary Wallis did both use Kurzweil K2000 samplers on the last Pink Floyd tour.

Speaking of Gary Wallis, I'm a big fan of his, but finding information about the guy is damn near impossible. Gary, if you're listening: get a damn website!!
        TD-30 / SPD-SX

Comment

Yes, K2000RS fully expanded, two DTS70 trigger interfaces and Dauz pads. The K2000 will hold 24 meg Rom, 64 meg Ram, with the memory expansion it will hold aproximately 1000 drumkits and other instrument patches. It also has 24 voices, not bad for 1992 release date, and 96 oscilators, with VAST you can reproduce any synth ever produced. But I diverge, nice web site. You guys sound f**king great.

[This message has been edited by jrcel (edited April 04, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by jrcel (edited April 04, 2002).]
          Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

I prefer the Pink babes

Robert

Comment

carcare, excellent sound! Can you post th einstruments you use in your kit? I was thinking of setting up a Floyd kit and this would save me a lot of effort. TIA!

Comment

I too have been a very big fan of the Floyd since the early 1980's. I missed the good Floyd days being born in 1968......anyway I recently purchased Roger Waters ......In the Flesh DVD.... It has a very impressive version of DOGS on it, worth checkin out.... proved to me that Waters was the brains behind the band .

------------------
                ~REDMAN~
                ~REDMAN~

Comment

Working...
                X