Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

What the hell........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the hell........

.....happened to the thread about the new Rush album? I was interested to hear anyone else's comments about it. What's the deal---did I piss somebody off or something? Have I been censored?
    TD-30 / SPD-SX

I replied and then it was gone.

Suppose the topic was too far from V-drums!

Those are the breaks.

// Daniel
    Check my VSTi project! http://hem.bredband.net/b125831

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Wade:
      .....happened to the thread about the new Rush album? I was interested to hear anyone else's comments about it. What's the deal---did I piss somebody off or something? Have I been censored?
      Was that the thread with the mp3 of a recording off the radio? That might have had something to do with it.
      Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

that was me.....i was on the phone and editing a reply and just pulled a tard........is there a way i can retrieve it? lmao...
        -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

I posted the link. Here's another one I just found with samples (I think, may be full versions) from a few more songs, along with the link to the full version of "One Little Victory":

http://www.jish.nu/

Edit: The "Nocturne" link on that page doesn't seem to be working, use this instead (probably want to right-click and save)

Nocturne

[This message has been edited by pjames (edited April 04, 2002).]
          -Pete

Comment

Thanks for the link! I needed that! Can't wait for the new album!!!

Comment

Oh man....I think I hear the NET POLICE
              :rolleyes:

Comment

OK, so what we have here is GRRAVEE was the thread originator? ie. He created the thread. Then instead of editing his post he accidently hit 'delete'? Now, therefore the entire thread has been erased. Not the first time this has happened.
                Sorry, no can retrievo.
                Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

ok,here we go again.......neil rocks
                  -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

Jeez, I dunno about anybody else, but I think the song "Freeze" sounds really cool. IMO, THAT should be the first single.

I'm pretty stoked about this new album of theirs... and the upcoming tour!

-Danny
                    -Danny

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I am SUPER pumped! I actually liked all 3 songs. With all the stuff that has happened in Neil's life since the last album, I'm sure this album is going to contain some amazing songs. Good time to break out my Rush boots and jam. If anyone is into trading by the way, let me know. I've got about 40+ shows. Always looked to expand

Comment

Well... compare old Rush with the new
                        and you realize that all there is left is
                        coolness.

Pretty flat in my opinion.
                        The beats circle around 16note hihat patterns
                        with displaced snare accents.

When a guy like Neil Peart switch to traditional grip and take lessons for Fred
                        Gruber but still keep the "professor" attitude it canīt come out any other way.

I should mention that He is one of my GREATEST drum influences and the reason Iīm
                        still drumming.

But the touch , the beautiful bass lines
                        around the beautiful vocal melodies from Geddy enhanced by Peart and Alex where
                        Peart would come up with such great lyrics,
                        you could only assume that the songs wrote themselves, is just not there anymore!

// Daniel
                        Check my VSTi project! http://hem.bredband.net/b125831

Comment

I just listened to Nocturne and agree with ddummer.

What a **** song !!!
                          And I am allowed to say this because
                          1. I've been a Rush fan for over 20 years
                          2. I always say bad things on friday evening (Roland sucks)

Actually I left Rush since Counterparts. That was the last fantastic Rush album for me. It showed a group which is able to update their music to modern times and still keep their own sound and style. This Nocturne song is very weak. Quite un-melodic, noisy, simple lyrics. I don't talk about the drums. They are basic but certainly not bad. Nevertheless: I hope the other songs are better.

Glad I found Nightwish for my progrock needs. Cheers.
                          Robert

Comment

Working...
                          X