Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

V-drums in the basement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-drums in the basement

Hi all. I just moved from FL to Pennsylvania. My townhouse has a unfinished basement. What are the risks (if any) of keeping my VPro set down in the basement. The basement is bare. All concrete - floors and walls. It is on the colder side. Should I worry before I set them up? What do/have you guys done to avoid this problem (if there is one). Thanks a lot of any help.
    Jason
    :rolleyes:

You're gonna need some padding and carpeting...I even use a little foam sound-proofing material on some of the walls. I put up some ceiling tiles, also.

Get a de-humidifier...it will help keep the mositure away from your electronics. You would be amazed at the amount of moisture those things collect...

You could also consider elevating your kit w/ a modest homemade riser in case of flooding or leaks...I admit I haven't gotten around to that one .
    E-drums: TD-20, RT-5S triggers on snare/toms, KD-7s, VH12, CY-14Cs, CY-15R, Pintech splash.
    A-drums: Zickos (amber) w/ all Zildjians.

Comment

As long as it's dry there should be no problem, as far as I can tell. I have my V's in a basement and the only problem I have is when it floods every couple of years (I pick up everything off the floor if heavy rainfall is expected). Cold temperature by itself isn't so bad for electronic equipment -- hot weather is another story. I'd get a cheap carpet remnant for the concrete floor and that's about it.

DJourg

Comment

Thanks guys, I was getting worried that I was going to have to find a new place to live
        It is cold, but not to damp at all, and there is no chance of rain either. I am going to get a de-humidifier for down there. Although there is not that much mositure, it still sounds like a good idea. Anyway, thanks again, if you can think of anything else, let me know.
        Jason

------------------
        :rolleyes:

Comment

Count one more vote on the dehumidifier. I kept a set of Pearls in my basement, also concrete and on the cool side, and I'm convinced it was responsible for keeping them in pristine condition. They were about 8 yrs old when I sold them and the chrome and piano black shells sparkled. It's even more important to me to have it running with the E's.
          Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Working...
          X