Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying from overseas... SEPdrums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying from overseas... SEPdrums?

Does anyone know anything about the rules and regulations of buying equipment from the States? I live in Norway, and I've been looking into getting a Hart or Pintech set, either new or used... But what stops me is there seems to be noone around who knows what customs, taxes and such will cost me, the only thing I can get an estimate on is shipping.

Since none of these companies (Hart and Pintech) have dealers in Norway (or for that matter, in Europe at all), any answer on this would be greatly appreciated. On paper, equipment is cheaper in the States than over here, but it all depends on what I'd have to pay to get it past the border...

Thanks!

Wembley Drum Centre in London do Pintech and maybe Hart too.

Mick
    www.royfulton.co.uk, www.zendrum.com ,Tempus Drums, Istanbul Agop, Regal Tip, Alesis DMPro, D4,Garageband, HK Powerworks PA

Comment

Originally posted by MustangMick:
      Wembley Drum Centre in London do Pintech and maybe Hart too.

Mick
      Wembley only do Pintech, there seems to be no Hart dealer in Europe.

As for buying from the states I would think it would be the same as the UK regs due to Europe and all that .........

hopefully this artical will help http://www.hmce.gov.uk/public/shopping/shopping.htm

as to how much you will pay I have no idea but you tax office should be able to tell you a %

David

Comment

Thanks for the link

Does anyone know if there's tax and VAT on used items as well?

Comment

Working...
        X