Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Triggers on the shell or on the head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triggers on the shell or on the head?

I finally when out and got some pintech triggers to throw on my acustic set to get a more gated better sound now the problem of whether to have the triggers mounted on the shell or head has come along. Has any one tried it on the head and shell what works better? I was leaning towards shell mounted because then I wouldnt have to mess with it when I change heads, like I would have to do if it was head mounted, but does the triggers pick up my rolls and other dynamics I play if there on the shell? questions questions questions..

How hard do you hit? If it's as hard as Tico Torres or Kenny Aronoff then it's easier to use shell mount triggers, Reek Havok is the way to go. If you want more sensitivity, then use rim mount trggers, Trigger Perfect or Ddrum depending on you module.
    Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

I seriously do not like your name

------------------
      -Drumlogic, V-session, Visulite/roland cymbals, (2)Mackie srm-450's, bbe 482 sonic maximizer,
      -Drumlogic, V-session, Visulite/roland cymbals, (2)Mackie srm-450's, bbe 482 sonic maximizer,

Comment

Working...
      X