Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Weckl, 28th. of April, Atlanta.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weckl, 28th. of April, Atlanta.

I'll be there.

Cotton Club, Downtown, 8:00p.

I'll buy you some beers if you show up !

( If I like you... maby we can hang at my pad after the show. I live right down the street. )

Steve.

Comment

Steve, where downtown is the Cotton Club?

Comment

It's underneath the Tabernacle on Luckie Street... near Centenial Olympic park.

Try This...
        http://www.2-tickets.com/cotton_club.htm

Or This...
        http://www.atlantaconcerts.com/detail.asp?eventID=36399

I hope to see you there Arriguy !!

Steve

Comment

I live in Buckhead, playing my V's in a condo environment. Incidentally, I saw Dave Weckl and his band as well as Weckl playing with Mike Stern at the MusikMesse show in Germany last week.

Weckl has really never been high on the list of drummers I've followed, but his playing was phenomenal. I'm gonna try to make the Cotton Club show.

Also, Steve Smith will be at the Variety Playhouse next Thurdsay with his band Vital Information.

~Jeff

Comment

Excellent !!

Comment

Iwish we got those kinds of shows in Phoenix. I would love to see Vital Information. Steve Smith is one of my favorite players. Weckl has some pretty fancy chops....Smith has that as well. But Smith has sould, feeling....and he can groove his ass off......Daves got chops...period.
              Roland V-Pro TD20 expanded with V Expressions
              Presonus Firepod
              Reaper
              Acoustic- Spaun drums, Dunnett snare & Paiste Signature Series Cymbals.

Comment

I've been a big Steve Smith fan for a long time too. Vital information was here in Atlanta about a year and a half ago playing at a Mars music store to about 75 people. You don't get a chance to see a band of that caliber play in a situation like that very often!

Comment

Originally posted by jdsail:

Also, Steve Smith will be at the Variety Playhouse next Thurdsay with his band Vital Information.

~Jeff

Dude, Steve Smith and his band ROCKED !!
                  WOW. I saw them last night, had a great time !!

Comment

Yep, I was there too. I was so close to Steve Smith I could have grabbed his left ankle.

It's kind of a shame there weren't more people out to support the show, but then again it's great to see a band like that in such an intimate setting.

Comment

I saw Steve Smith with the Buddy's Buddies tour. It was the most dynamic performance I have ever seen. I was also very close and watched his technique. He is a true master of contemporary drummers.
                      TD10ex

Comment

Originally posted by jdsail:
                        Yep, I was there too. I was so close to Steve Smith I could have grabbed his left ankle.

Sounds like the time I saw Weckl in L.A.
                        I was about 3 feet from his floor toms...
                        sippin' on Crown-N-Cokes.
                        Ahhh... the little things in life.

Steve.

Comment

Working...
                        X