Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I buy 8" mesh/cone/piezos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I buy 8" mesh/cone/piezos?

Member BtnkBndt made his own acoustic-triggered modified kit... I was going to do the same thing, and was wondering... Where could I find the parts to do this myself?

V-Replacement heads for PD-80 aren't available through standard outlets (musiciansfriend.com, marsmusic.com, zzounds.com) - Anyone know where to find them? Musician's Friend doesn't have he 8", only the 10" and the 12". I can't find anyone else who even sells them.

On February 10, 2001, in message thread http://www.vdrums.com/discussion/For...ML/000565.html
    Member sector7 said "PS: Rolands replacement cones and piezo sensors are still very cheap to buy, so why not use what the V-Drums series modules are designed to work with if your going to build your own."

I didnt know Roland sold replacement CONES and PIEZOS too! So where can I buy them?

TIA,

Hieroxide
    [email protected]

Any Roland V-drum dealer can order any Roland V-drum part.

------------------
    My Personal homepage
    MPCman's E-drum Picsite!
    Music was my first love...

Comment

If you donīt want to look to far for
      a piezzo then buy one of those playing
      congratulation cards.

The speaker IS a piezzo!

// Daniel
      Check my VSTi project! http://hem.bredband.net/b125831

Comment

Originally posted by ddummer:
        If you donīt want to look to far for
        a piezzo then buy one of those playing
        congratulation cards.

The speaker IS a piezzo!

// Daniel
        Congratulations!

Now sing while printing this page and you can use the page as trigger.

------------------
        My Personal homepage
        MPCman's E-drum Picsite!
        Music was my first love...

Comment

thanks guys

I've got the last five 8" heads from MusiciansFriend. The guy informed me that their website wasnt always updated to reflect inventory, but that the product was "discontinued." I thought that a bit odd. They and several other retailers I called, however, said, "Yes, any authorized Roland dealer can order those parts, but we don't." (Sweetwater, Mars, Etc.)
          And Roland's crappy website seems configured to keep us out of their "guts" so to speak.

I have the piezos. I have assembled a midi drum brain PCB and have 8 disks. They aren't remote yet (on the board right now), but when I get the heads, I'll assemble em remotely.

I suppose I'll just use some cheesy foam stuff from Wallyworld or something instead of the "Roland cones."

Ahh the melodious sounds of singing into paper. Now I just need to decide which Hammerfall products I can run these into!

(Ever notice the new firewire racks... don't have MIDI? what gives)

Comment

Sorry if I'm stealing anyones fire but what ever happened to BtnkBndt........did he fade into the shadows.

------------------
            ~REDMAN~
            ~REDMAN~

Comment

Working...
            X