Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JBL EON G2s, sell or not...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JBL EON G2s, sell or not...

I'm sort of throwing this out there to see what you guys think.

I have a pair of JBL EON G2s that are in pretty much perfect condition. I used them a handful of times and then moved into an apartment, and, after a failed attempt to start a band, I find myself with two pretty awesome speakers that I never use.

My thoughts have wavered from one thought to another:

Do I sell them, and if and when I ever need speakers, just buy some others? I would only sell them if I could get a decent part of my investment back because at the end of the day, I don't NEED to sell them, so I'm not going to throw the money I spent on them out the window for no reason.

My other thought is that I could just hang on to them, and if I ever buy a house of my own (keep in mind this would be YEARS away), I'd have the speakers and they'd still be fairly new in terms of useage.

But then I feel like they're just sitting around, depreciating in value (although not to me personally) and taking up space.

I've asked a few friends, and they're as helpful as tits on a nun, so I figure the best thing to do is ask you guys, because whenever I have any equipment issues, the best answers seem to come from here.

Thanks for your input.

BINARY

Originally posted by feefer:
    ...Sell them, and put the $$$ towards starting to build a retirement fund (I waited way too long):
    www.vanguard.com

Chris
    So now we are giving financial investment advise? .

It is always nice to have equipment ready when you need it. My first question is how much space do you have in your place? If is is safely stowed away and your not tripping on everyday then its probably not an inconveneince.

As I posted here previously, I sold both my acoustic kits. My custom Gretsch kit was for the most part, stacked up in various rooms for years. Occasionally, I would drag it out, but for the most part it remain underused. I decided that this is great equipment and if I am not using it, what's the point? I knew someone would jump at the chance to own it, and sure enough several did .

If it can be safely tucked away, no harm though. Another consideration: What would happen if two-three years from now when you may move and begin puttin it to use again, JBL has just released a better version? Maybe that IRA fund is a good choice of your hard-earned money

Jimmy C, CFA
    E-drums: TD-20, RT-5S triggers on snare/toms, KD-7s, VH12, CY-14Cs, CY-15R, Pintech splash.
    A-drums: Zickos (amber) w/ all Zildjians.

Comment

Well I was in a similar situation some time ago. I wasn't producing any music anymore for about a year or something and I knew I would want a different sampler than my Akai MPC-2000 if I'd start again.
      So I could have kept it, but I sold it for a good price. That was about 8 months ago or something and I think the max. price I would get now would be something like 20 to 40% lower.

By the time you are gonna need speakers again, there will probably be a JBL EON G-4 and your speakers would be worth almost nothing.
      So if you want 'your' speakers back, you could get them cheaper than you sold them for in 2002.

------------------
      My Personal homepage
      MPCman's E-drum Picsite!
      Music was my first love...

Comment

Hi Binary,

Of course, as you well know, as soon as you sell them you'll get a gig the next day.

Good hearing from you and good luck!

Comment

Depreciation? Amp (unless you buy a Roland amp! ) technology ain't like PC & CPU advances, luckily. Those EON G2s will crank & perform finely for the next 5 or 10 years. IMO, that's a great investment (assuming they're put to use, mind you) for something that only costs $500-600 each. I wish I could say the same for buying a new $20,000-50,000 vehicle!

------------------
          Thanx.
          Alex & me V's! http://photos.yahoo.com/flexapr
          Thanx. Alex & me V's! http://photos.yahoo.com/flexapr

Comment

Originally posted by BINARY:
            ...so I figure the best thing to do is ask you guys, because whenever I have any equipment issues, the best answers seem to come from here.

Thanks for your input.

BINARY
            Stare at the pinwheel. You are getting sleepy. You want to do a good deed. Give Boingo your EON G2's.
            Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

h e y g u y s i h a v e a n i d e a w h y d o n t i g i v e m y e o n g 2 s t o b o i n g o ..... g i v e m y e o n g 2 s t o b o i n g o ..... g i v e m y e o n g 2 s t o b o i n g o ....

haha....
              Thanks for the great input everybody, I may look into selling them off and seeing what I can get for them. Like I said if it wasn't worth my while I wouldn't sell them.
              What should I be asking for them? (and no, boingo...not "free").

Thanks for the kind words, feef. I know I could get a decent ammount for the G2s now, but of course the more I sit on my butt and let them do the same, the less likely that will happen.

Thanks again for all the great responses.

BINARY

Comment

lol

------------------
                My Personal homepage
                MPCman's E-drum Picsite!
                Music was my first love...

Comment

Working...
                X