Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

I'll be watching ..............still

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll be watching ..............still

Well I've sold most of my kit off , still have a few pieces to sell if anyones interested . When I get some time I'll post some pics of what's for sale in the class-section.

I'll be watching........still...... so everyone be good.

------------------
    ~REDMAN~

[This message has been edited by redman (edited March 09, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by redman (edited March 10, 2002).]
    ~REDMAN~

You mean you're gonna stop playing e-drums?

You mean you're gonna be silent on this forum?

------------------
    My Personal homepage
    MPCman's E-drum Picsite!
    Music was my first love...

Comment

HAAA...

I love it... very funny pic...

I hope you are at least still playing something...

Erik

Comment

See ya Red. Geez we've had some fun haven't we? Or have we?
        Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Hey guys ........glad you got a laugh and or scare out of my pic. That's what I was going for..... I am sad to see my kit go because deep down inside I really luv drumming . It's just not working into my life right now ....I work shift work and I have two small children 3years , 1year and a common law wife ( we've been together 15 years in April ). Probably going to make it REAL this summer... . Anyhow I also found myself becomming somebody I said I would never become {my dad}, this might sound harsh but it's true. My kids will only be young once and I don't want to miss it ... being in the basement only hearing their laughter and not being there laughing with them. I could go on and on but I think you's will get the general idea being the smart guys you are.

I'll get back into it eventually .

Be Good

------------------
          ~REDMAN~
          ~REDMAN~

Comment

Hell yea man, You've got the right idea.

------------------
            -Drumlogic, V-session, Visulite/roland cymbals, (2)Mackie srm-450's, bbe 482 sonic maximizer,
            -Drumlogic, V-session, Visulite/roland cymbals, (2)Mackie srm-450's, bbe 482 sonic maximizer,

Comment

Originally posted by redman:
              My kids will only be young once and I don't want to miss it ... being in the basement only hearing their laughter and not being there laughing with them.
              i bet in a few years you can have both - who wouldn't want to play drums with dad?! most kids dig music if you start them young and make it fun.

and, don't worry, once they hit 13 they'll no longer be too interested in hanging out with the old man so you'll be home free!

Comment

Redman,

reading what you wrote in this post, I think you're a good guy and made the best decision for this time. I forgive what you said once to me (two face mothe...fu...) and wish you all the best with your wife and children.
                Robert

Comment

Hat's off to you Red. Life is about relation, not tasks.
                  Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Redman

I'll miss your posts. Take all that spirit and energy you have and use it to be there for your kids.

Then, when they turn on you -- and they will, it's what teenagers do for a while - - well then you can get back behind a kit!!!

All the best to you and yours
                    Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

Thanks for the kind words all.......I second guess myself all the time .....Hey Putt sorry about the mother-f--ck thing.

I see FOKI must have caught on, my pic is gone ....oh well.

I really hope my kids don't turn on me when they get to be teenagers....not looking forward to it if they are anything like I was .......

I'm still gonna hang around but don't know how much I will post . Hell most of the newer guys have more posts than I .

See ya's on the flip side.

------------------
                      ~REDMAN~
                      ~REDMAN~

Comment

Hi Redman!! Never give up your dream! But also keep all your prioities in balance. Yes your kids and family are number 1, but you rank a close #2. If drumming is in you - it will always be drawing you back. Accept it and work it back into your life when the time is right. I'm 44 now, and my kids (18 and 15) encourage me to play - they know I'm happier after I pound away for awhile. Plus they think it's really cool that dad's in 3 bands, has 2 CDs out, and can still keep up with the younger generation. My advice, save all the money you're getting from the sale (including my $42 - thanks!), and in a year or two you'll be able to get a great deal on a used TD-12 or a fire sale on a ddrum5.

Keep in touch on the forum.... it's fun evenif you don't have VDrums!
                        Driving a great song is better than driving a great car!!

http://mysite.verizon.net/landin82/

Comment

Working...
                        X