Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duo

Could a V's + guitar duo act work ?

Originally posted by Norm:
    Could a V's + guitar duo act work ?
    Sorry. Not on the TD-10. It clearly states so on page 181 of the manual. Read it for yourself if you want the technical reasons for it. I think you need the expansion card to do this.
    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Hey Norm, I played a gig last Saturday in a duo format. Instrumentation was acoustic guitar and e-drums(we change up singing lead and harmony). The vocals are the focus of the music and the electronics are made to order for a situation like this. It takes a little while to adjust to only two insttuments and it may sound thin at first, but there are a lot of up sides to working in a dou. Less overhead, less cartage, less set up time, less complicated, easier to arrange with one keyed instrument, easier to set up practices, shorter rehearsal time, and of course larger profit margin.

Comment

Originally posted by Boingo:
        Sorry. Not on the TD-10. It clearly states so on page 181 of the manual. Read it for yourself if you want the technical reasons for it. I think you need the expansion card to do this.
        Ya,but I have a TD-6 and more importantly as
        it relates to this issue,electric sticks and shoes.

Try to keep up,man.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Aitcheson:
          Hey Norm, I played a gig last Saturday in a duo format. Instrumentation was acoustic guitar and e-drums(we change up singing lead and harmony). The vocals are the focus of the music and the electronics are made to order for a situation like this. It takes a little while to adjust to only two insttuments and it may sound thin at first, but there are a lot of up sides to working in a dou. Less overhead, less cartage, less set up time, less complicated, easier to arrange with one keyed instrument, easier to set up practices, shorter rehearsal time, and of course larger profit margin.
          That's interesting, I hadn't considered it
          without canned bass of some sort. I guess no
          one complains about what's missing when a guy is up there alone with a guitar or piano. I think (especially with the advent of e's) for a variety of reasons drums is the wrong thing to have canned when you're using half a band.

Comment

Working...
          X