Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Impressions on Sessions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impressions on Sessions

Well I just got a set of sessions a few days ago & have been tinkering & playing ever since. I had a set of the pro's when they first came out & sold them after a while to go back to A drums. I got the red ones after thinking they were a little flashier looking than the white. Well I thought the drums looked great, but the rack......( no offense to anyone who likes the red rack). It just looked weird to me, never seen a red rack & the rack didn't match the drum color. I will say it is an improvement over the older racks but still has a ways to go. So I had this Gibralter rack sitting here, the 350, so I put everything on there but used the clamps off the new Roland rack. Now this looks really good to me, much better than the red rack. I had absolutely no problems with crosstalk or false triggering. Maybe the Roland clamps dampen the vibration more being less dense (cheaper) & if I really crank them down no slippage. I think the new V cyms. are great. One reason I sold the pro set was that the cym pads were giving me wrist problems. I don't find the new drum sounds to be that much of an improvement over the older ones but the cyms are. The biggest problem I see compared to A drums is the dynamics, not even close. I bought these with the realization that they were a great practice tool & a lot of fun to play but aren't close to replaceing an A set yet. So I set these up next to my A drums when I want to practice & really do some heavy hitting without bothering a soul. I'll use my A's for practicing jazz & live gigs. I think the E's will be more fun though.
Working...
X