Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acoustic kick for V-drums - poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acoustic kick for V-drums - poll

How many of you would purchase an acoustic-looking kick drum for your v's - an actual 20" - 22" wood shell drum with mesh on the batter side & fully baffled - one that can be custom covered to match what you have? $300 range...Just curious...

Erik
    SEPdrums

[This message has been edited by sepdrums (edited February 27, 2002).]

i would consider maybe an 18"-20" shallow kick .... i wouldn't go for a full 18x22 kick - so much wasted space.

Comment

I have considered triggering a 14" snare shell to use as a kick. I just bought a Pintech CK-V so I will stay with that for a while. Where I play, you can hardly see what kick I use anyway. I have a horn section seated in front of me. 18" would be about all I could go and still fit under my rack.
      I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

I triggered my 18" Gretsch kick for a while and it was just the right size. For me, anything bigger starts to become a hassle in transport since I have become accustomed to moving relatively small drums (plus, now I have OTHER crap I have drag around to gigs - mixer, Mackies, etc.). The option of custom covering is a good one .
        E-drums: TD-20, RT-5S triggers on snare/toms, KD-7s, VH12, CY-14Cs, CY-15R, Pintech splash.
        A-drums: Zickos (amber) w/ all Zildjians.

Comment

An 18" or maybe even an elevated 16" would be ideal. Mounting hardware would be nice...how about if the drum opens up a la the Yamaha Hipgig ... an idea that is ideally suited to electronic drums -- you could probably fit all your pads, cables, etc. and if there was hardware on the drum itself you may not need a rack to carry. Use that space!

DJourg

Comment

a 16 or 18 bd would be great! I am using my 18 x 22 with adc's and it is a pain to hall around. The adc works great though.

Kurt
            Kurt

Pearl drums converted with hart adc, roland kd7's, pd 120 for snare, various roland rubber pads, hart e cymbals and pads, td8, td6, 2 mackie srm450s and mackie sub. mackie sr 24-4 mixer........and always growing.

Comment

A shallow depth 18" kick drum would be very appealing if it were in the $300 range (especially if you could get a wrap finish to match the rest of your kit). Do you have something like this in the works?

Comment

Not me, that's one of the reason's I went electric; to cut down on space and weight.

Comment

yup erik,18" would rock........i'd go for it....drummers have egos too
                  -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

Originally posted by Arriguy:
                    Not me, that's one of the reason's I went electric; to cut down on space and weight.
                    Most XLNT point. Besides, we have the KD-80/120's available. These are 'acoustic'-looking enough for me.

Damn! I just remembered. I hate acoustic-looking E's. Remind me of toy-drums. See old posts on this - keyword : 'toys' or 'sci-fi'. Some great pics to be found there.

Comment

I think 16" is too small.
                      18"-20" is excellent!!

I got a 18" used BD made in taiwan.....
                      $300....HKD!!

see my kit in (photo gallery) post!!

Comment

Purely as an aesthetic?

Is this our way of fooling the average punter into believing we are using acoustic drums??
                        Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Steveo has said a mouthful!

How about a kick pad that looks like a marshall amp or a ten foot stratocaster?

Better yet, a kick pad that looks like a kneeling, orally-intent groupie?
                          Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbaker:
                            Better yet, a kick pad that looks like a kneeling, orally-intent groupie?
                            Now there's a great idea. The back of her head could even be your snare pad! But, I seriously doubt this is where Erik wanted his thread to go. I'll shut up now.

Comment

Now we are getting somewhere - a chick-rack....her hands can be tom arms...head for snare stand, and kneeling down for the "beater"...
                              I love it.

Sorry Roland, the hum-drums are gonna put you outta business...

Erik

Comment

Working...
                              X