Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFF TOPIC - EBAY COMPLAINTS - POST THEM ALL HERE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFF TOPIC - EBAY COMPLAINTS - POST THEM ALL HERE!

Well...a few minutes ago I was bidding on a used DW collectors kit...the bids were heating up and there was 11 seconds left in the auction. I was winning....and kept hitting refresh to count it down...

At the 11 second point, I get this after trying to refresh:

"This function is currently unavailable
    We apologize that you are not able to access this feature at the present time. Our Technical Support Team has been notified and we are working on resolving this difficulty as quickly as possible.

Please visit the eBay Announcements Board for updates on recent and upcoming changes, major system issues, and other important eBay news.
    http://www2.ebay.com/aw/announce.shtml
    "

WHAT IS THAT?? I am so disgusted with ebay right now I could PUKE!! Sure, they are have hundreds of servers, and bla bla bla...

BUT - have you checked out how much it costs to sell someting & even list it on eBay lately?? It is very high, and their rates still are rising....

SO WHY THE HELL NOT GET A STABLE SYSTEM EBAY!!!!!

Sorry so blatant...I am reeeeeallly pissed about possibly loosing a set because of them....

Any other complaints about eBay?? Post em.... Bash eBay for a while!!

Erik
    SEPdrums

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHRHRHRHRHRGRGRRGHHH!!!

[This message has been edited by sepdrums (edited February 24, 2002).]

Comment

Sorry Erik, I can't oblige. I've been in the same situation (bidding at the last few micro-seconds) for a great many auctions. Never had a problem and always won my $hit! Maybe you got a dirty connection?

Comment

Originally posted by feefer:
        ...eBay has a policy where the seller can request the auction gets cancelled if something goes wrong with the eBay servers within 12 (?) hours of auction conclusion.
        That's great if you are the seller, but I don't think it helps Erik much since he was a bidder. Not unless he can contact the seller and convince him that he would have outbid the guy that won the auction - which seems pretty risky from the seller's point-of-view since he already has a confirmed "contract" at an acceptable price (i.e., reserve met).

FWIW, I have won a few items within the last ten or so seconds of an auction and haven't had a problem. I also sold an item that had no bids for four days and then sold in the last 7 seconds of the auction. I laughed out loud because I had just convinced myself "that's okay, I didn't really want to sell it anyway"
        E-drums: TD-20, RT-5S triggers on snare/toms, KD-7s, VH12, CY-14Cs, CY-15R, Pintech splash.
        A-drums: Zickos (amber) w/ all Zildjians.

Comment

I have had some of the same problems (Ebay id Clymore). I have bought lots more than I have sold (and lost much more than I have bought). I have been SNIPERED more times than I can remember. Usually in the last 30 seconds, my PC will not access the page to let me compete .

I always set an opening bid instead of a reserve price. I have seen it sit for 5 days without a bid and then go crazy in the last 5 minutes. It is an emotional roller coaster!!!!! (but a good place to buy and sell drum equipment!!!)
          I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

Having bought all of my edrum equipment, JBL speaker, and many many other things off of ebay I can't join you in the rant Erik. Sorry.
            That's the way the bidding crumbles.

Comment

Originally posted by feefer:
              ...(my girlfriend takes great joy in picking up the phone extension seconds before an auction concludes, so I can't bid).

Chris
              LOL!!!

E-drums: TD-20, RT-5S triggers on snare/toms, KD-7s, VH12, CY-14Cs, CY-15R, Pintech splash.
              A-drums: Zickos (amber) w/ all Zildjians.

Comment

I usually find if I want something badly enough I'll bid over what's needed so I don't have to worry about someone bidding $50 more and out bidding me at the last second.
                Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

Working...
                X