Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

ddrum forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ddrum forum

Take a look a what the little red people say about the vdrum forum and it's users. I wonder if we bash the ddrum's as much as the ddrum users bash the vdrums.

Since the majority of them ARE Euro trash, would explain the reason to bash anything but their own, and the rest are just happy to be excepted by the Euro trash. Very typical.

It just makes me laugh how some people can be so judgmental and so vocal.
    http://www.ddrums.com/discussion/For...ML/000286.html

------------------
    Outboard gear: Focusrite Compounder, Drawmer MX-30, BBE-482, Aphex C-104, Behringer T1951 4-Band Parametric Tube EQ, Lexicon MPX1, Mackie 1402-VLZ, (Crown K2 amp & Cerwin Vega V-253 speakers = 1600 watts @ 4 ohms continues power, peak at 3000 watts) and Sony MDR-V700DJ headphones.

[This message has been edited by szvook (edited January 17, 2002).]
    Studio

Am I gonna have to kick your arse at NAMM??

I like being a little red people.

Erik

[This message has been edited by sepdrums (edited January 17, 2002).]

Comment

I think there are posts made on both boards that are written with the expectation that they will likely be read from users of the other board. So when I read something of that nature I interpret it as ribbing rather than bashing (why can't we all just get along ...sniff...sniff ).

Let me say this, you guys are the true experts on v-drums and I value and respect the knowledge and expertise that is available to me here - free of charge. And I hope my posts reflect that attitude.

So to me, Ddrum vs. V-drum vs. yamaha vs. spacemuffin 0.0 vs. whatever is ONLY about the personal needs, tastes and preferences of any given person (and tends to change given changing circumstances). There is no single definitive "team" to live and die for, ya know? And last I checked I haven't received any W-2's from Roland or Clavia so I am free to change my mind anyday. That's the fun part
      E-drums: TD-20, RT-5S triggers on snare/toms, KD-7s, VH12, CY-14Cs, CY-15R, Pintech splash.
      A-drums: Zickos (amber) w/ all Zildjians.

Comment

Originally posted by sepdrums:
        Am I gonna have to kick your arse at NAMM??

I like being a little red people.

Erik

[This message has been edited by sepdrums (edited January 17, 2002).]

Dude.... I am TRYING to stir up some sh!t and your cutting me off! Prey tell, WHY?

The little red people are spawns of -

Maybe a little arse kicking is not bad idea... my arse will be at the NAMM show for your kicking delight.

Late

------------------
        Outboard gear: Focusrite Compounder, Drawmer MX-30, BBE-482, Aphex C-104, Behringer T1951 4-Band Parametric Tube EQ, Lexicon MPX1, Mackie 1402-VLZ, (Crown K2 amp & Cerwin Vega V-253 speakers = 1600 watts @ 4 ohms continues power, peak at 3000 watts) and Sony MDR-V700DJ headphones.

Studio

Comment

Originally posted by szvook:
          Take a look a what the little red people say about the vdrum forum and it's users. I wonder if we bash the ddrum's as much as the ddrum users bash the vdrums...
          I've never heard of ddrum bashing here. Bashing ddrummers however, is another issue. -

Them pilgrims frequent and contribute to our site so much so that there is really no need to even venture over there. I never do. All the knowledge there is already here. I'd even say most of their stuff even spawned in our waters. So why even bother to go there?

Feef made a similar observation many moons ago. They must be a jealous bunch.

Comment

It's been a while since I visited you guys. I see nothing has changed! Settle down.

Comment

Szvook - 2PM at the Hart booth....
              Im gonna whoop your arse boy....

Actually - meet me there - the lady & I will be browsing through. Going to meet with Paul...beat on the new Pro drums...try out the Prodigy...and see what tickets I can get for any events that night...

See you there...

Erik
              SEPdrums

Comment

Originally posted by sepdrums:
                Szvook - 2PM at the Hart booth....
                Im gonna whoop your arse boy....

Actually - meet me there - the lady & I will be browsing through. Going to meet with Paul...beat on the new Pro drums...try out the Prodigy...and see what tickets I can get for any events that night...

See you there...

Erik
                SEPdrums

...kay, you big bully... mmh

------------------

Studio

Comment

Szvook,
                  would you ever grow up. If you're happy with your huge effects rig to make up for not using the effects in your TD-8 thats fair enough.
                  As for the Eurotrash - well just look at your history books sometime and who discovered America!!!!!!

Peace
                  Mick
                  www.royfulton.co.uk, www.zendrum.com ,Tempus Drums, Istanbul Agop, Regal Tip, Alesis DMPro, D4,Garageband, HK Powerworks PA

Comment

Take a look a what the little red people say about the vdrum forum and it's users. I wonder if we bash the ddrum's as much as the ddrum users bash the vdrums.
                    Maybe that's because there's a lot more to bash about with roland products?

Since the majority of them ARE Euro trash, would explain the reason to bash anything but their own, and the rest are just happy to be excepted by the Euro trash. Very typical.
                    Hahaha, and that comes out of the mouth of an american? Hahaha, you're very funny!

Tom (and no, I don't own ddrums, I own a yamaha dtxpress )

Comment

Szvook,

don't forget that some of the ddrum members who are joking about V-drums have had frustrations with a V-drum kit and then bought a ddrum kit.
                      How many V-drum owners have owned a ddrum kit and got rid of it because they were not happy? As far as I remember I've only read about this once(correct me if I'm wrong).
                      I think that's why there are more ddrum owners being negative about v-drums than v-drums owners being negative about ddrum.

I don't think that it has anything to do with the color of the module, or where somebody comes from.

To me the joking about V-drums is not so funny. There really is more stuff people can joke about.

Greetings,
                      Pieter

p.s. let's stop all these V-drum vs Ddrum threads... it's no use..... all you get is irritated people

------------------
                      http://mpcman.flappie.nl
                      Music was my first love...

Comment

Szvook, don't get them all hot-headed.
                        Be nice.

Comment

Yeah, but they are…. ….

Ha!!!, missed m….

------------------

[This message has been edited by szvook (edited January 18, 2002).]
                          Studio

Comment

Originally posted by MustangMick:
                            If you're happy with your huge effects rig to make up for not using the effects in your TD-8 thats fair enough.

Actually, most of them have an affect on the sounds; the Lexicon MPX1 is the only effect unit in my rig.

------------------
                            Studio

Comment

Originally posted by MPCman:
                              Szvook,

don't forget that some of the ddrum members who are joking about V-drums have had frustrations with a V-drum kit and then bought a ddrum kit.
                              How many V-drum owners have owned a ddrum kit and got rid of it because they were not happy? As far as I remember I've only read about this once(correct me if I'm wrong).
                              I think that's why there are more ddrum owners being negative about v-drums than v-drums owners being negative about ddrum.
                              Yes, but you cannot deduce anything about the relative quality/suitability of dddrum vs. vdrum from this. Obviously, there are very few ex-ddrummers dissatisfied with the ddrums because there are very few ddrummers to start with! Roland's market share vastly exceeds ddrums, especially in North America, so therefore one would expect more dissatisfied ex-Roland users out there, regardless of the relative quality of the products.

Comment

Working...
                              X