Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forgive me....Compression, please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgive me....Compression, please help

I am sort of a newbie to recording. I understand most the concepts. I am recording with someone who has some experience with recording. I have compresed all my sounds internally(td-10exp) and have attained a very good sound. My question is how much overall compression is normal for the entire kit. The guys i am working with is using plugins on his pc(g4 powermac/motu 828/digital performer 3) to compress my overall drum mix to the point where I can hear "breathing" and "pumping" in the mix. Lower volume sounds are sucked into the louder sounds. He says that this is a good thing, but it sounds strange to my ears. Isn't this the classic case of overcompressing? What do you think?

------------------
    -Drumlogic, V-session, Visulite/roland cymbals, (2)Mackie srm-450's, bbe 482 sonic maximizer,
    -Drumlogic, V-session, Visulite/roland cymbals, (2)Mackie srm-450's, bbe 482 sonic maximizer,
Working...
X