Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

high hat pedal as a trigger???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high hat pedal as a trigger???

since i went to an acoustic h h, i was looking at what to do with my high hat pedal. can you use it to trigger something, i.e. a sequenced program, or since it is a stepped pedal, open,closed, part opened ect will this not work? thanks.

i have a td8

Comment

You can actually, if you want, use it as another pad (with velocity sensitivity). I have occasionally used mine as a kick pedal...

Schmunk
      TD-8, Pintech pads, Pearl rack, Mackie SRM-450, Behringer 802 mixer and DSP1400 UltraMizer, Electric Sticks.

Comment

so your saying i could conceivable click instrument and step on it and assign say a cowbell to to it and then just have it as a cowbell ect?

Comment

You could use it for cowbell or any sound on the TD-8, although I would prefer to use a KD-7 + foot pedal for that.
          Roland TD-20 v1.08, various v-drums and v-cymbals, Yamaha KP65's, Axis pedals, Gibraltar hardware, Mackie 1202/SRM450 (pre-china)

Comment

but the thing is im using my foot pedal and kd7, but have no need for my h h pedal now, so im trying to find a use for it.

Comment

Neil Peart (and others) uses foot pedals all the time, to trigger sounds. The drummer from Def Leppard also uses a pedal for a snare sound, as he only has 1 arm (right.)

-Jim
              Hart 6.4 Pro TE3.2 kit (plus extra 8" Hart tom)
              3x CY-14, 1x CY-15, CY-12HH, KitToys 8" and 10" splash, Visu-Lite 18" China
              TD-10 w/ TDW-1, TD-8, SPDS Sampling Pad
              FD-8, Tama Iron Cobra Flexi-Glide double pedal
              1x PD-7, 2x PD-9, Hart Hammer
              Hart and Gibraltar hardware

Comment

I think c. jude gave you a great idea:

pitch bend ! - use it set up with your (H-H) pad as timbale(s), or perhaps wood blocks or even wind chimes.

Would give you awesome effects for different songs!
                Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

I used mine with a clave sound assigned to it once, it worked fine. But you can't get the same control you have with a kick pedal and pad. It just doesn't stick to the bottom of your foot like a good kick pedal (it doesn't have that inertia the beater gives a pedal?????).

Comment

Working...
                  X