Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Sounds, Sounds, Sounds...Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds, Sounds, Sounds...Suggestions?

Ok, I'm at that point where I need to make a decision. I need your help, BIG TIME. I've been reading the posts on here and trying to do the research, but it's been difficult. I used to play a td-7 kit when they first came out...yes, there was a day they were cutting edge! Anyway, I'm going to buy either a td-8 or td-10 and want great sounds for as little as possible. My goal is to be able to play out live with a great sound! To the point where people comment how great my sound is without really knowing how I'm doing it. I'm going to be triggering from accoustics with Hart ADC and using Hart EcymbII's. I want it to look like an accoustic kit, and sound like I'm in the studio Will the sounds from either of these modules do it? The reason for my confusion is, I had all of an hour to listen to all 3 kits...so like 20 minutes each. But I heard them through cheap headphones in a loud music store. They almost sounded like the td-7 to me. I HAVE to be wrong on this! Please, tell me I am! Does anyone have recordings of them in the studio or out live??? I would love to hear how you are using them! Even though the demo's are digital, I swear I've almost worn them out
    Thanks in advance for any help/advice you can offer.

Chad

Oh yeah, I'm doing the BBE thing with sep outs for toms, cymbs, kick, and snare. I REALLY love the suggestion of using a seq for sound checks so I can go out and hear how they sound! You guys/girls are the best!!!
    There are only three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't!

Chad

Thank you for the reply! What other options would you suggest? I'm always open to new options.

As far as music goes I have to play things from bands like Creed (killer sounds on "My Sacrifice" that I am hoping to achieve) to pop stuff by like Backstreet. If that helps explain my sound needs. I'm hoping the td-8 could do it...otherwise the td-10.

Regarding cymbal sounds, I heard that the td-10 was updated because the td-8 actually sounded a little better. Any truth to that?

Am I allowed to span multiple topics here?

There are only three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't!

Chad

Comment

Originally posted by ChadHipas:
      I'm hoping the td-8 could do it...otherwise the td-10.

Regarding cymbal sounds, I heard that the td-10 was updated because the td-8 actually sounded a little better. Any truth to that?

Am I allowed to span multiple topics here?

You are allowed to post whatever you can get past the censors. Of course you should be prepared to be rediculed and flamed to death depending on what you post.

The expansion board was released 2 months and a few days after the TD-8. It would seem to me that both were being developed at the same time. In fact, it would be good strategy to delay the exp board release. Deflate the 10 owners ego's and then inflate them again (for a modest fee of $270).

They obviously wanted something with a lower price point. Roland had to substantially reduce the TD-10 price, discontinue it or improve it to launch the TD-8. They are not stupid when it comes to marketing.

There's always going to be bigger and better sooner or later. You just gotta look at your budget, learn to tell the difference between what you WANT and what you NEED and buy something. Then... don't look back.

I would think either the TD-8 or 10/exp would get you close to the sound you are looking for.
      Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Working...
      X