Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

No Longer A Virgin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Longer A Virgin

After reading several posts, I downloaded ProTools Free. It seems pretty neat, although I'd like to have better help files and manuals.

I went to the pub last night and had several pints. I recorded this when I came home. I had fun putting this together. But, you can tell the effects of the alcohol on the snare drum fills around the 2:00 mark. Theyíre pretty weak!

I don't know how to punch in corrections yet, otherwise I would have straightened up some of the slop. Since it was my first ProTools project, Iím kinda fond of it. Itís not perfect, but Iíll get better!

It was recorded on one track. The percussion parts are a sequence pattern I programmed in the TD10. I started the 4 bar sequence pattern and played the other parts in a two bar pattern on top of the sequence pattern.

Feel free to give me your feedback on mix, pattern, playing and other tips. Just note that this is my first attempt!

MattS

ftp://vdrum:[email protected]/International%20Musicians/Matts64/
    WMP

(Weapon of Mass Percussion)

I can't get it to play and it won't let me download it. Could be because I'm at work. Anyone else having a problem?
    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

I can't get it or the other Vdrummers' files to do anything. Cyberjam had to adjust some settings to help me upload it. I wonder if maybe that has something to do with it. ???
      WMP

Comment

I think Cyberjam is getting it worked out. Let me know what you guys think.
        WMP

Comment

Sounds like me before I sold my drum machine.

Keep rockin !!

Steve.

Comment

Cool ditty, matts64! Did you record it as MIDI data initially, or straight to audio?

Comment

Originally posted by K-Chuck:
              Cool ditty, matts64! Did you record it as MIDI data initially, or straight to audio?

Hi! Thanks K-Chuck.

I recorded it straight to audio. Initially, I tried to record it as MIDI data. However, when playing the sequence, it would sound the MIDI notes assigned to the computer's keyboard. Hence, I generated piano music...rather BAD piano music!
              I don't yet know how to change the computer's midi notes to match what is coming from the TD10. Any suggestions anybody?

WMP

Comment

Working...
              X