Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-8

I need a user guide for the TD8 brain. Roland sells them but they are out of stock. I have searched the web trying to find one with no luck.
    My church just hired me to be their sound man for their worship team. The room I have to mix FOH for is a nightmare. After rearranging the stage to keep the musicians stage volume at an acceptable level, the Roland kit is my next task to fix. They only have the mono out going to the board and I want to separate the signals so I have more control of the mix.
    These are new to me and they misplaced the book. HELP!!!!
    Thanks.
    Audio-Video Director Shiloh Community.
    FOH sound tech Roland Custom TD-8 kit with acoustic high-hat and cymbals. Guitar player.

I have some info for ya....I posted this once and it must have got dumped....Here is a manual you can get.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1511267580
    Roland V-Pro TD20 expanded with V Expressions
    Presonus Firepod
    Reaper
    Acoustic- Spaun drums, Dunnett snare & Paiste Signature Series Cymbals.

Comment

I OCR'd this page out of my manual. If you want I can email you jpg images. Just let me know what info you are looking for.

Notice you can only get a dry signal from the direct outs.

To change the output destination for the sound of each pad note. If you want to get the Ambience effect, select "MAS" (MASTER).

The Ambience effect is not available for any output destination besides "MAS."

Abbreviations in the display screen
      The following is indicated on the screen.
      Screen Symbol Trigger Input
      K I (KICK1)
      K 2 (KICK2)
      S 3 (SNARE)
      1 4 (TOM1)
      2 5 (TOM2)
      3 6 (TOM3)
      H 7 (HI-HAT)
      C 8 (CRASH1)
      C 9 (CRASH2)
      R 10 (RIDE)
      A 11 (AUX1)
      A 12 (AUX2)

Press [SETUP], then [F3 MENU)].
      [SETUP] lights, and a pop-up menu appears,

2. Press [DEC/-], rotate the VALUE dial, or press CURSOR to move the cursor to "OUT."

3. Press [F3] to confirm your choice.

The "OUTPUT" screen appears.

4. Strike the pad.

The cursor moves to the setting for the pad that was struck.

You can make the selection by pressing CURSOR
      and [TRIG SELECT].

-The rim cannot be selected for TRIGGER INPUT I (KICK 1), 2 (KICK 2), 11 (AUX 1), or 12 (AUX 2).

- TRIGGER INPUT2(KICK2 )and 12(AUX2)can be used only when 2 pads are connected to TRIGGER INPUT 1/2 (KICK1/2) or 11/12 (AUX2), respectively (p. 27).

S. Press [INC/+] or [DEC/-] or rotate the VALUE dial to make the setting.

OUTPUT: MAS, M L, M R, DIR, D L, D R, M&D

MAS:

Stereo output from MASTER L (MONO), R according to the mixer pan settings.

M-L:

Monaural output from MASTER L (MONO), regardless of the mixer pan settings.

M R:

Monaural output from MASTER R, regardless of the mixer pan settings.

DIR:

Stereo output from DIRECT L, R according to the mixer pan settings. No Ambience effect is applied.

D-L:

Monaural output from DIRECT L, regardless of the mixer pan settings. No Ambience effect is applied.

D-R:

Monaural output from DIRECT R, regardless of the mixer pan settings. No Ambience effect is applied.

M&D:
      Stereo output from MASTER L (MONO), R and DIRECT L, R according to the mixer pan settings. No Ambience effect is applied.

Comment

All help is welcome!! Thanks!
        My goal is to have the best FOH mix our church has ever heard.

[This message has been edited by Jokool (edited February 10, 2002).]
        FOH sound tech Roland Custom TD-8 kit with acoustic high-hat and cymbals. Guitar player.

Comment

I can't believe Roland does not have the manual for the TD* brain on there web site.

Originally posted by Harlock:
          I wouldn't buy this... This is the TD-8K manual (vintage?????). The TD-8K is the V-Custom without the rack. It will tell you how to setup the kit, period. This is not the TD-8 manual.

Quote from the add : !!!!!!!!!!
          IT CONTAINS ONLY THE MANUALS FOR THE TD8-K AND PD-80.
          I PURCHASED THIS MANUAL FROM A ROLAND DEALER YEARS AGO. THEY NO LONGER MAKE THE ORIGINAL MANUALS FOR THIS
          VINTAGE PIECE OF EQUIPMENT, SO WHAT THEY SOLD ME WAS THIS COMPLETE COPY MADE FROM THEIR ORIGINAL 22 PAGE
          MASTER. "THIS IS NOT THE ORIGINAL MANUAL." THIS MANUAL IS VERY IMPORTANT IF YOU OWN AND PLAN ON MASTERING THIS
          COMPLICATED ELECTRONIC DRUM SET.

Comment

Originally posted by Jokool:
            I can't believe Roland does not have the manual for the TD* brain on there web site.

Believe it Kool. One of Roland's golden rules is "never give away anything people are willing to pay for".
            Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Roland do what they call a "Turbo start" manual in .pdf format that you can get at the rolandus website, so don't panic. It tells you enough to get going.
              Moxley

Comment

In fact, here's the link:
                www.rolandus.com/SUPPORT/DOCS/TURBO.HTM
                Moxley

Comment

Shame on you Steve Gardner. I think you know better.

Comment

if you mean me, Moxley, is Steve Gardner, then bad luck nope. Just another 'umble punter like the rest of us.
                    Moxley

Comment

Not you Moxley, you're going out of your way to help.

I'm refering to the ebay "vintage" rack manual for $10 in the 2nd post that will not answer any of Jokool's questions. Trying to get $10 for that is being a low life.

Just took awhile for me to get really mad about it.

Comment

There is absolutely no useful info about this kit that I am looking for. I received very good info from mr. mfrzrdrum. He knew what I needed and was able to send me that info. Many thanks to you sir!

Comment

Working...
                        X