Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

New Site - updates, upgrades, comments???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Site - updates, upgrades, comments???

I've done a ton of site upgrades from the old sepdrums.com server to the new gearhead-music.com server... Please check it out and let me know what you think....
    http://www.sepdrums.com
    (will now take you to gearhead for purchasing stuff, but has links, tech info section, review section, etc...all in progress...)
    http://www.gearhead-music.com
    (I am now running this store with the electronic drum section from SEPdrums...this expansion will add mixers, amps, guitars, speakers, monitors, etc...all still independently run by yours truly..)

Thanks for any comments!!
    Erik
    SEPdrums / GearHead Music

Gee Erik - I've visited both sites and as far as the `Welcome' pages go, I see nothing having to to do with VDrums. So, what's the deal? Yes, you are a worthy vdrum `member', but now I wonder. Is this site now just a place for you to plug your `thing'?

Comment

There's no scroll thingie for the left frame on my computer!

------------------
      http://mpcman.flappie.nl
      Music was my first love...

Comment

Originally posted by Marc.:
        Gee Erik - I've visited both sites and as far as the `Welcome' pages go, I see nothing having to to do with VDrums. So, what's the deal? Yes, you are a worthy vdrum `member', but now I wonder. Is this site now just a place for you to plug your `thing'?
        Erik always gives good advice as far as he can on other people's questions, whether that's about Roland or Ddrum it doesn't matter.
        I think the fact that there might not be Vdrums on the frontpage of his site have little to do with what he does over here. It has to do more with personal preference I think. Any shop gives more attention to the stuff they prefer.

------------------
        http://mpcman.flappie.nl
        Music was my first love...

Comment

Originally posted by MPCman:
          Erik always gives good advice ...
          Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, ... I thought I already said that!

Comment

Originally posted by Marc.:
            Actually no...I tried that once...

I was just pumped about the hours upon hours of time I put into writing a new website, and wanted opinions....and I suppose I can take yours as constructive criticism in a way....but here is my constructive reply...no, I do not sell v-drums because I am not "worthy"...little does Roland know that I am one of the largest dealers of most other electronic drums in the United States, sometimes second only to Musicians Friend...so I guess it is their loss. And even if I could have a Roland account, I most likely wouldn't sell them anyway...I would rather push the little guys who just may have some better product with less marketing funds...am I rattling my own chain - damn straight....I have put years into this and thousands of hours...am I wealthy..??...No friggin way....
            I am not Musicians Friend, or even Musicians Buy for that matter...I am an independent dude selling gear... to be totally honest with you, the absolute only advertising I do and can afford is eBay... I don't come here plugging my stuff or my site(s), I really don't need to...most folks here know where to look for gear, and maybe I am on the list..maybe not...

Want me to delete this entire post? Was it wrong to ask opinions??????

Erik

[This message has been edited by sepdrums (edited February 11, 2002).]

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sepdrums:
              [B]Want me to delete this entire post? Was it wrong to ask opinions?????? Erik

Erik! Only [b]you]/b] can answer that question.

Comment

Man...I am not sure about this site anymore...

Erik

Comment

Originally posted by sepdrums:
                  Man...I am not sure about this site anymore...

Erik
                  OH Jeeezuz, Come On, dude. We we we'rn't born yesterday.

Comment

Erik, great site.

Glad that at least one independent shop in the USA sells ddrums. Must be a revelation ...

Marc:
                    Robert

Comment

Hi Eric

My only concern is that there are not many individual listings in the categories you have set up - Noble & Cooley- i kit. Mackie speakers - 1 model.

If you can actually ship other models, etc...perhaps you need to make that fact more eyecatching?

HTH
                      Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

THanks for the comments!! I am working on adding more to it...I will have more on the acoustic section and speaker section real soon...just have to add models in...

Marc -
                        "OH Jeeezuz, Come On, dude. We we we'rn't born yesterday."
                        First of all, do you see my other 450+ posts telling everyone "hey, buy from me, blaaaa blaaaaa aaababababababa....??"
                        I am not sure what gives with you... Does it bother you that I sell gear as a HOBBY and actually enjoy what I do? I am also an Applications Engineer in which I design and sell robotic welding and material handling equipment...that is my REAL job where I make REAL money. This is a side business for me and it is fun to run it... If my actions here warrant skepticism, then great!! I am actually doing something right. Do you see one other dealer here showing their name ready to answer a question if possible??? NO. I try to be here as a club member and not a dealer as much as possible...maybe you don't respect the time and dedication I have put into my work...and nor do I expect you to...but man, you sure like to make me the sleezy sales guy. To each his own I guess.

Erik

[This message has been edited by sepdrums (edited February 11, 2002).]

Comment

hey erik keep up the good work,and if ya got a good deal ......i say push it down my throat....as far as marc,just scroll past anything someone writes that u dont wanna read simple............good day sirs
                          -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

I love the site....ROCK ON!!

Comment

Hey Eric, You Rock! You are a gentleman, and it's a pleasure to be in your SEP club, and in this V club with you. Thanks for your expertise and for being here. Rick...
                              (Chrome Hart BX Kit, TD 8 Module, All Roland Cymbals, Electrovoice SXA 250 Powered Monitor, Yamaha 10/2 Mixer, Alesis Pico Verb, BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer, Samson S-Phone Headphone Amp/Mixer), V Club Kit, Boss BR-8 Digital Recorder, Sony 7509 Headphones, Roc & Soc's
                              Charcoal Gray Metallic GMS Kit, Turquoise Sparkle Slingerland Kit. Many Zildjians...
                              DRUMS - WOOHOO! I'm SILLY!

Comment

Working...
                              X