Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm in!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm in!!!

I did it! I got my V-sessions yesterday! I have slept only a few hours since, and I called in sick today.

First order of business was to mix in the CD player and play all the way through Blood Sugar Sex Magik. I used one of the stock sets, "Real Deal" I think. Didn't matter, I had a riot. Finally, no more CD skipping, no more making lousy practice cassettes. I think I'm having more fun playing along with my heroes than I have had in three years of gigging.

Anyway, just wanted to say "hola," as I will be learning from all of you and getting to know you in the coming months...well, probably years. I just hope the manual I ordered from Roland arrives soon, since Guitar Center lost the damn thing (I bought the demo set).

Oh yeah, first official question: How do I start from scratch editing and saving a custom kit? I can't seem to create a "Kit 51," so far I've just been editing the stock kits.

Thanks in advance, my new family.

-Quatzu

Welcome to the wonderful world of V-drums. Have a great time. You can't add a kit 51, you have to copy over another kit. The last 5 kits called Kitcopy are just copies of other kits so I would use them first. You can always reclaim a kit that you edited.

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaDrummer:
      You can't add a kit 51, you have to copy over another kit. The last 5 kits called Kitcopy are just copies of other kits so I would use them first. You can always reclaim a kit that you edited.
      Correct that you can always restore the original kits and that you can't add kit 51 BUT... he has the expansion card. He won't find the last 5 kits called KitCopy. That applies to the non-expanded TD-10.

Quatzu: Suggestion... You should take some time to get used to the 50 kits you have. Write down the throw aways. Copy some of the original TD-10 kits over the TDW-1 kits you don't like. Evaluate them and decide which ones to keep. Note those not so hot kits that are left and start tweaking them until you have customized them to your liking. I'd also recommend renaming them.

At this point, you may find investing in the M512E memory card or installing some software to save kits will be an efficient way to load and save your customized kits.
      Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

My bad

Originally posted by Boingo:
        Correct that you can always restore the original kits and that you can't add kit 51 BUT... he has the expansion card. He won't find the last 5 kits called KitCopy. That applies to the non-expanded TD-10.

Quatzu: Suggestion... You should take some time to get used to the 50 kits you have. Write down the throw aways. Copy some of the original TD-10 kits over the TDW-1 kits you don't like. Evaluate them and decide which ones to keep. Note those not so hot kits that are left and start tweaking them until you have customized them to your liking. I'd also recommend renaming them.

At this point, you may find investing in the M512E memory card or installing some software to save kits will be an efficient way to load and save your customized kits.

Comment

Working...
        X