Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TDW-1 "Mix In" - distorted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TDW-1 "Mix In" - distorted?

I've been noticing that the feed from my CD player (via a preamp buss) is pretty distorted, particularly in the low end and at low to med gain, when listening with phones plugged into the TDW-1 module. The kit portion of the mix sounds fine, and the phones sound great straight from the CD player, so it's not the phones. The preamp is somewhat high-end (Arcam) and otherwise absolutely clean and noiseless.

Is this a common "mix in" trait or, after only 1 year of use, is it time to get it looked at?

Bermuda

[This message has been edited by bermuda (edited January 27, 2002).]

Ber= My last TDW1 had the same issue. When I brought in a CD through the module...it had aHelluva buzz. I just got my new one and have not tried it out with a mix in. I will and reportt back....
    Roland V-Pro TD20 expanded with V Expressions
    Presonus Firepod
    Reaper
    Acoustic- Spaun drums, Dunnett snare & Paiste Signature Series Cymbals.

Comment

Check to see if you CD player has one of those 'bass boost' type things. If it does, turn it off.
      Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Get a y-connector cable and just hook the cd player directly into the TD-10. If the buzzing is gone then it may just be the pre-amp.

[This message has been edited by kv968 (edited January 28, 2002).]

Comment

Working...
        X