Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Time to receive ordered drums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to receive ordered drums

I was just wondering how long people had to wait to receive their drums when they put an order in for one through a music store? Roland in particular.
    Other gear:Roland: A90ex, DR-770, XV-5080 w/SRX1-4, MC80ex, VS-2480, Mackie: 1642, M1400i, 2ea C-300

Originally posted by Clav_95363:
    I was just wondering how long people had to wait to receive their drums when they put an order in for one through a music store? Roland in particular.
    http://musicianbuy.com/ shipped my V-Clubs within two days.....but then UPS lost them for three days in my town. I all depends on the shipping company. Make sure you get a tracking number and go online to monitor the package progress. BTW....musicianbuy.com had the best price I found on my set. They have a nice comparrison table for all the major e-drum lines....check them out.

------------------
    The Captain
    The Captain

Comment

Well, I probably picked the worst time to order a drumset then: the week before Christmas. A mic I ordered is in. Yes, I understand they are trying to fill orders. But what is that....three weeks now, and the store said, "You know, maybe Roland is just busy getting ready for NAMM." Well, I would hope that instruments ordered before NAMM receive first priority for shipping, and I hope my drumset is not the one picked for demonstrating a Studio set at NAMM. :-) I can just see it.....sorry folks....we only have this one drumset....and it is going to a keyboardist out in the country.....
      Other gear:Roland: A90ex, DR-770, XV-5080 w/SRX1-4, MC80ex, VS-2480, Mackie: 1642, M1400i, 2ea C-300

Comment

Well, I probably picked the worst time to order a drumset then: the week before Christmas. A mic I ordered is in. Yes, I understand they are trying to fill orders. But what is that....three weeks now, and the store said, "You know, maybe Roland is just busy getting ready for NAMM." Well, I would hope that instruments ordered before NAMM receive first priority for shipping, and I hope my drumset is not the one picked for demonstrating a Studio set at NAMM. :-) I can just see it.....sorry folks....we only have this one drumset....and it is going to a keyboardist out in the country.....
        Roland is notorious for this kind of thing. I remember a couple of years ago when I got my V's. The salesman called me to give me the factory promise date of 2 weeks. He cautioned me then saying not to be surprised if I got them in 4 days or 6 weeks and that they wished they could be more positive but that's how Roland is. After 2 weeks I called the store. They got a new date of 4 weeks. They arrived 3 days later.

They make a good product and they know it. Look at how we are so willing to pay the outrageous prices they charge. They know people will put up with their bull and they are right. The worst part is, if they ever get some real competition, they are smart enough to know how to react and will do just what it takes (and no more) to bring us back to the fold.

Once you get your drums, you'll forget all about how badly your were treated and Roland will have that smug look on their face.
        Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Boingo:
          Once you get your drums, you'll forget all about how badly your were treated and Roland will have that smug look on their face.
          I have a huge problem with people who complain about stuff like this, yet they don't let their wallets speak for them. I would never order from a company twice if I got treated poorly.
          "I'm not a guitarist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!"

Comment

Yes, I have been seriously thinking of canceling the order except for the AKG mic that is already waiting at the store. I will decide on Monday. I think I would have been better off with a Voice harmony/pitch correction processor or a faster computer and a few mics anyways. Heck I have a DR-770 and everybody loves listening to the canned beats anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoovey:
              I have a huge problem with people who complain about stuff like this, yet they don't let their wallets speak for them. I would never order from a company twice if I got treated poorly.
              From other posts over the past couple years, I get the impression that many dealers get this kind of service from Roland. In my case, I was in no hurry. I was already playing the V's at our Church and still had my acoustics at home. This dealer has jumped through hoops for me on numerous occasions and offered the best price at the time, which is why he mentioned the problem in the first place. (Washington Music.)

You're 100% right about using the wallet as a club. People won't do it and I'm not sure why. It's amazing how effective it is. My comments were satiracle but true. He can switch his business to another dealer but Roland still gets the sale. They know it. They also know how good their products are and that they have little competition. Thus, he'll forget all about it once he get's them and, if anything, blame the dealer.

Yes, I have been seriously thinking of canceling the order except for the AKG mic that is already waiting at the store. I will decide on Monday. I think I would have been better off with a Voice harmony/pitch correction processor or a faster computer and a few mics anyways. Heck I have a DR-770 and everybody loves listening to the canned beats anyways.
              Sounds like you may be having second thoughts about your purchase. I would definitely look into getting a price match from someone who could deliver. If found, give them the ultimatum to deliver by x date or cancel. If you really don't want them, here's your opportunity to get out of it before they charge your account.

"everybody loves listening to the canned beats anyways" - SAY WHAT!?
              Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Well, I just purchased a book at Borders book store entitled "The Complete Idiot's Guide To Playing Drums," sounds right for me.(Chapter 2: Before you Play you have to Pay....) So, I am going to wait for the drums. I had already done the research on the price of the drums with the popular internet instrument supply houses. When I showed the music store the lowest price they matched it. Hard to beat that, other then picking an item that was in stock. I apologize about airing my frustrations about this order.

"Thus, he'll forget all about it once he get's them and, if anything, blame the dealer."

I really have no reason to blame the dealer do I? Unless they did not order when they said they would. I have had to special order most of my equipment because items were not in stock. I do not have the luxury of taking time off of work to wait for the UPS truck to show up. So, I must order through a business that can receive them and is close to where I live or work.

So, the book recommends 2A,2B for beginners, 5A,5B for standard drumset playing and 7A,8A sticks for light jazz. Does that sound about right? What kind of brushes work well with the pads?

Boingo, I was joking about the drum machines.

Comment

I apologize about airing my frustrations about this order.

You're allowed to and there's plenty of it.

Thus, he'll forget all about it once he gets them and, if anything, blame the dealer." I really have no reason to blame the dealer do I?

I was only making a point about how Roland has the upper hand on the market and uses (abuses) it. You have no reason to blame the dealer unless he is making no effort to status the order and push for delivery. Unfortunately, many accuse the dealer for Rolands lack of performance.

I do not have the luxury of taking time off of work to wait for the UPS truck to show up.

I had mine sent to my workplace. Will they allow you to do that?

So, the book recommends 2A,2B for beginners, 5A,5B for standard drumset playing and 7A,8A sticks for light jazz. Does that sound about right?

There is a thread or two about stick preference. Most of us prefer electric sticks (do a search on electric sticks), but you really need to look at personal preference. What feels right? Tree trunks are not necessary for e-drums. I think the general preference is a medium weight stick. Buy a pair based on feel, length, etc. An e-drum doesn't care what you use. You can adjust sensitivity to make up for any differences from stick weight.

What kind of brushes work well with the pads?

Wire is NOT recommended. They get hung up in the mesh head. I'm looking for a replacement to my Regal Clayton Cameron model. They were the best I ever played. My local stores don't have much to try which makes it tough. I could use a recommendation there.

Boingo, I was joking about the drum machines.

I assumed as much - should have added a

Comment

Well, I went to the music store today. Had my regular salesperson check up on the order. I got two excuses.
                    1) The units were shipped from LA last week you should have gotten them....(the store is an 8 hour drive away).
                    2) The studio kit was discontinued by Roland, you cannot get it anymore. Wait and see what they have after NAMM.

I did pick up my AKG 3000B mic...and TAMA throne and TAMA bass pedal. So, yes I will wait and see.

I feel so used...

Comment

I want to correct something from that last post. The store is not 8 hours from me, it is an 8 hour truck drive from Roland in Los Angeles.
                      I just got a call from my salesman, the drums were shipped on December 20.
                      So, definitely lost/stolen in transit. Or, sold to someone when the units arrived at the store before Christmas.

Comment

Placed my order on november 24th at Piens (www.piens.be)in Belgium, two hour drive from my home. They said it would be in store by the end of the month. This happende to be not true. After several phonecalls I recieved it january the 4th. When the manual appeared to be in English they send the Dutch version by UPS and I recieved it the next day!
                        So after some frustration I am totally happy with the V-Club's!

Groeten,
                        Cas
                        DIY!!! www.mosphat.com/drumcas

Comment

Clav_95363:
                          With NAMM just around the corner, you probably ought to wait, just so you don't kick yourself for not doing so. I wouldn't be buying anything from the store you are using. I'd buy from someone else and make arrangements to have them shipped to a friend if not your workplace since that seemed to be a reason for using them.

Comment

I have been surfing looking for options. The Pintech Tour Elite Kit looks very nice, is around my price range and includes a "Free Roland TD-6 module" to get things going. Do any you have opinions about this set?

Comment

Well, I did receive the Studio kit today. I month late. Roland searched high and low at the stores in California to find one if not the last kit available. I have attempted to put it together....seems there is a kick trigger pad and beater missing and the allen wrench to put everything together. (I had a wrench, all was not lost.) I will temporarily use a PD-7 pad for the kit.

Comment

Working...
                              X