Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying the TDW1(again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying the TDW1(again)

Well...I am going to upgrade this V Pro kit. I went through this drill on the last kit I had. I do apologize if this has been covered. In advance, I know I can send the module to Roland for V Cymbal contrl....I would love to avoid that.
    I am in the process of buying some Vcymbals on Ebay.Today, Guitar Center told me they had a TDW1 card.....
    1. Do you think that upgrade will already have the cymbal control? Do all of the new TDW1's have it? Is it written on the box? I want the ride to have the third zone and I would think that all of the new TDW1 cards would have this....on the other hand, the Guitar Center TDW1 could be an old dusty one laying around...who knows.
    Roland V-Pro TD20 expanded with V Expressions
    Presonus Firepod
    Reaper
    Acoustic- Spaun drums, Dunnett snare & Paiste Signature Series Cymbals.

Hi Steve,
    The package should have a round, red sticker stating V Cymbal control.
    Cliff

Comment

You need to specify you want the latest version with V-Cymbal Control. Most are shipping with it now but you never know. It does say it on the box. You will also see a reference to it when you power up.
      Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Thanks fellers...I am hoping to have this nailed down before even powering up....do you really feel/notice/benefit from the v-cymbal control?
        Roland V-Pro TD20 expanded with V Expressions
        Presonus Firepod
        Reaper
        Acoustic- Spaun drums, Dunnett snare & Paiste Signature Series Cymbals.

Comment

And I heard that when the TDW-1 hasn't Vcymbal control you can update it for free. In case of you see a card without it for a fair price: just buy it.
          Robert

Comment

Had mine updated by Roland UK and returned all in three days.
            And yes its free!

Ken.

Comment

Just got my exp. card and it came w/V-Cymbal control.

Raffy85

Comment

HUGE BUMP!!!!!!

Does anyone know if Roland Still updates TWD-1 with V-cymbal control? and if its still free?

Comment

Originally posted by BeyondStupidity View Post
                  HUGE BUMP!!!!!!

Does anyone know if Roland Still updates TWD-1 with V-cymbal control? and if its still free?
                  Yes: TDW-1 upgrade...

Bruce

Comment

Wow! thanks Bruce. I know someone already asked this but do you ever sleep?

Comment

Working...
                    X