Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

PM 3 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PM 3 question

hello, as you may know, im n e w to the elec scene. i just bought a v club (loving it) and want to replace my peaveys at the church with it. my question to you chaps is should i run it through the sound board or use the pm 3? the church is not very big, seats maybe 300.
    currently i play behind a shield because of the stage volume, i would imagine the same volume prob would hold true if i used the pm3? thanks for any help. G-d bless.

greg

Unless they are packed in like sardines, 300 ought to be a decent size hall. When we pack them in, we seat just under 400 so I imagine our hall is not that much larger than your's. I think you need to run it through the sound board AND the PM3's.

In my situation, I am off to the side of the hall so the speakers run through the board don't give the band decent enough sound since we are not in their path. Our monitor amps serve to let the other band members hear each other as well as ourselves. I get a mix of all but the drums into my TD-10 so I could go without the monitor, but they are always asking me to turn up my amp.

Alot depends on size and acoustics of the building, how much sound the FOH is able to push, the bands location, monitors, etc.
    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

boingo, thanks for the reply. as i said, i know zero about the elecs, so how do i run it through both?

Comment

Originally posted by furrtig:
        ...so how do i run it through both?
        Run the brain output into the PM3. The PM 3 has outputs you can send to the FOH.

I can't tell if the PM3 has balanced outputs or not. I assume the soundboard is located more than 15-20 feet from your amp. You shouldn't use unbalanced lines for that length.

If it doesn't have balanced outputs (usually xlr connectors) then you will need a direct box to convert the unbalanced connectors to balanced.

You can get some detailed info from this link: http://www.vdrums.com/discussion/For...ML/000264.html

I'm sure there is a PM3 ownner who can clear up the connection issue or make recommendations.
        Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Working...
        X