Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Just got the V-Club Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got the V-Club Kit

Hey everyone,

I've been reading all the helpful comments here, and it really helped me decide on the Roland V-Club/TD-6 for my first experiment in electronic drums.

Anyone who keeps their "brain" on the rack with the pads ever worry about problems caused by it shaking along with the kit as you play? I noticed at one point that the midi songs that come with the kit were playing strange discordant chords. I turned the system off and restarted it and it was back to normal. But it made me consider mounting the brain on a separate stand...

It's always made me a bit nervous to mount delicate electronic equipment on a drum rack where it will bounce around and shake. Try a small SKB Roto Rack with one of their velcro sliding drawers. You'll have the module in it's own case for transport as well.
    Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

Congratulations, Mr. T You're gonna love it!

I don't play hard, so vibration's not a problem. These modules are also built really well, and they have no drives or moving parts so I would not exactly call them 'delicate.' You should be fine.

------------------
      Dan's Music Site, plz have a listen :^)
      Dan's Music Site; melodic, ethereal rock and more! Please have a listen :^)

Comment

Congrats! I just got a V-Club set, too! I've been playing the V-pro and V-Custom sets for years in the stores, but when the V-Club came out, the combination of price and capabilities was too good to pass up. I'm having a blast with the set already.

Originally posted by MrTriplet:
        Hey everyone,

I've been reading all the helpful comments here, and it really helped me decide on the Roland V-Club/TD-6 for my first experiment in electronic drums.

Anyone who keeps their "brain" on the rack with the pads ever worry about problems caused by it shaking along with the kit as you play? I noticed at one point that the midi songs that come with the kit were playing strange discordant chords. I turned the system off and restarted it and it was back to normal. But it made me consider mounting the brain on a separate stand...

Comment

Based on my research and the postings on this site, I also went for the vclub set. I absolutely love it. It sounds and plays great. Is it perfect? Nope, but it is a great intro to e drums.

I have not noticed the problem you are talking about, and I am a pretty hard hitter.
          Originally posted by MrTriplet:
          Hey everyone,

Comment

I've had my set about a month now. Have the brain mounted on the rack next to the hi hat and haven't had any problems with vibration or anything else.

Comment

Working...
            X