Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Rubber trim for Harts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubber trim for Harts

When I bought my Hart GigaPro set a year and half or so ago they came with hard plastic rim trim for the toms. I want to replace them with rubber ones. I need four 10 inchers. I can't find where to buy them on the web and I have e-mailed Hart Dynamics multiple times without a reply. Anyone know where I can get some?
    My Hart Dynamics GigaPro (vintage 1999)

Hart is getting ready for NAMM and apparently they are busy. I emailed Peter and he could not respond to me in length because of the time constraints before NAMM. I would wait till they get back, cause I do not know whom else carries them.

------------------
    Outboard gear: Focusrite Compounder, Drawmer MX-30, BBE-482, Aphex C-104, Behringer T1951 4-Band Parametric Tube EQ, Lexicon MPX1, Mackie 1402-VLZ, (Crown K2 amp & Cerwin Vega V-253 speakers = 1600 watts @ 4 ohms continues power, peak at 3000 watts) and Sony MDR-V700DJ headphones.
    Studio

Comment

I've spoken to Peter about this and while he said he had nothing available for retail, there were a couple of improvised alternatives.....

1)there are rubberized versions of automotive door edge trim in black that you can use, which are very cheap....
      2)water, gas, etc. type rubber hoses that connect to a washer, dryer, dishwasher, etc. that have a reasonably smaller diameter...you make one cut down the length of the tube, wrap it around your rim, apply some type of silicone cement and you're down...

technically, you only really need half the circumfrence of the rim, which would be the bottom half of the drum or the area of the rim you would mostly likely be striking regularly.....

Comment

Working...
      X