Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

I love my new V-Clubs!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love my new V-Clubs!!!

I mean it! I love how it plays, how it sounds... That PD-80R I bought for it is absolutely brilliant as a snare, giving me a 6-piece set in the bargain! The toms really sound great and the response of the cymbals? Perfect! I can do nice washes on the 16" crash on the bow trigger, with an 18" on the edge. I have a nice ride sound on the other CY-6 with another crash on its edge trigger. It's really nice to get an affect similar to playing a crash ride and hitting small crash hits on the edge and have it sound almost like I'm playing an acoustic cymbal! Very sweet.

The good Lord willing, I plan on getting a couple of more CY-6's, one mounted as another crash/ride and the other as the high-hat! I'll then sqeeze that leftover PD-6 in someplace as, what... a cowbell maybe? Maybe... who knows? Maybe I'll just keep it as a spare. In any event, I really never dreamed I'd have a set like this for this kind of money!

Sure, I could've gotten an acoustic set for half the money, but I can >play< these without the neighbors showing up at the door with pitchforks and torches!!

How about you other V-Club owners? Are you as happy as I am?

Bob

[This message has been edited by HolShot (edited September 21, 2001).]

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the TD-6 rules!
    TD-30 / SPD-SX

Comment

My V-Club set is a f'n dream come true. Thank you Roland!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Roland V-Club with KD-120. Apple G4 500 x 256 megs ram using Cubase VST 5.1 Native Instruments Battery, Absynth, Korg Electribe EA-1 and Propellerhead Reason.

Comment

after a few dissapointments and now the fact that i want to travel some ( im 16 years old) my little money is becoming each day less. and sadly im seeing the chance to buy a club set instead of a custom. now im really interested because maybe im thinking that im gonna buy crap and im really wrong. why dont the owners of club sets give me some help and tell me, are you really hapy with them?
        cheers manny
        td-8

Comment

Hey, Manny:

As Marc. would say: "use most xlnt search engine". I think that the general satisfaction our members have expressed towards the V-Club kit is well documented. I mean, look at the thread that you're posting to for a start! I understand you being cautious and wanting to make an informed decision, but at some point in time you've got to pull the trigger......

You won't find a better electronic kit for the price than the V-Club. Try it. You'll like it. Period.

Hope this helps!

[This message has been edited by Mick Wade (edited September 07, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Mick Wade (edited September 07, 2001).]
          TD-30 / SPD-SX

Comment

i have tried all roland kits on the sam ash and i like the mesh heads more than the rubber pads, also i like that cosm modeling thing and the td-8 sounds great!!!!!but i mean , i live in an small apartment and the td-6 sounded good too....besides i can get a used v pro set for 2500 maybe and i have 2000 , but i also can get a club set and add cool stuff to it, like a few more pads and etc......with the 2000....look mick im really really confused and i dont know what to do.....i hope some solution will get in my way man because im not sure....and yes people is really happy with their club sets....but i still confused...
            td-8

Comment

I, too, like the mesh pads over the rubber. That's why I got the PD-80R for my snare, since I do more with the snare than I do with the toms. So, the feel I want is there on my snare, along with a rim trigger for rim shots and x-sticking! And, the rubber pads actually feel and play great as toms!

Now, I have a 6-piece set, that I will further expand later with a couple of more CY-6 cymbal triggers. I will use one to replace the rubber pad being used as my high hat so that I'll then have a dual trigger hat so that I can now make use of edge effects as well as the bow. More like a real hat! And the extra rubber pad (aka, PD-6...) I'll use as another tom (7-piece!). The other CY-6 I'll use as an additional crash or ride!

Hey, I don't have COSM, I don't have all mesh heads. But I do have a really righteous 6-piece set that plays great and has enough flexibility to keep me interested for a very long time. For the money, that truly is a dream come true because there is just no way I could play my acoustic kit in my living space, and, so, these V-Clubs are an absolute Godsend for me!!

If you can live with rubber toms for now, using a mesh snare described above, you will have an absolutely brilliant kit for much less than $2000, especially if you do your homework first, get the best prices from the internet, and bring them to GC to purchase your stuff. GC will definitely match any legitimate price you bring them! Below are the actual prices I paid, out the door, for my current kit:

V-club kit - $1,070.00
              PD-80R - $206.00
              Hardware to mount PD-80R - $26.00
              Hosa STP203 insert cable - $8.00

Total 6-piece kit - $1,310.00

>>>> Out the door!!! <<<<

If you add the two CY-6s and hardware, it'll probably run another $200, or so, if you do your homework! That will give you a full 7-piece set, with dual trigger snare and hats, and 6 cymbals (three, dual trigger CY-6s...).

That, my friend, is a righteous kit in just about anyone's book!!!

Do the math, think about compromising a bit, and you could really do good!! And, if you really need all mesh pads, then just replace the PD-6s with PD-120s as you go along and then sell the PD-6s on Ebay!

Go nuts! IMHO, these are the best value in E-drums out there!

HTH,
              Bob

[This message has been edited by HolShot (edited October 04, 2001).]

Comment

hey thats for sure something im gonna have in mind!!!!!thanx!!!!listen, theres a guy on ebay thats selling a v studio with a mesh pad as a snare and the td-8!!!!!!!!!thats pretty cool right? i hate because now the price is like 1200 and then it goes really high but that would be a great buy i think!!!ill tell you later bye and thanx
                ps: probably if i dont get any of both ebay kits i bidded im gonna go for the clubs.
                td-8

Comment

I looked at that kit on Ebay, looks really nice! and he did what I did, getting the PD-80R for his snare.

The only thing I wouldn't feel comfortable with is not having the manufacturer's warantee. Otherwise, it sounds pretty nice for the price. However, it being Ebay, that price is likely to go thru the roof. Too bad he didn't do a, "Buy it Now" at his opening price of $1,190.00!

Good luck to you! Let us know how you make out.
                  Bob

[This message has been edited by HolShot (edited September 09, 2001).]

Comment

In my big post, above, I erroneously stated...

"And, if you really need all mesh pads, then just replace the PD-6s with PD-120s as you go along and then sell the PD-6s on Ebay!"

Heh-heh... silly me... I meant that you could replace the PD-6s with PD-100s, not PD-120s, as the TD-6 doesn't support dual trigger pads in the TOM trigger inputs.

Bob

Comment

Hey, HolShot, I have a newbie question

I, too, have just picked up a set of V Clubs and am planning a similar expansion to yours; adding a PD80R as the snare, and move the other pad over to use as a ride. My question is does the PD80R come with a dual zone cable in the box? Or do I need to order one as a separate item? Also, I'll need a 10 ft. cord for my other pad when I move it over to the right 'arm'....I can't seem to find a number for the single zone cords; are only the duals available, and will that work ok?

Thanks! Dan

------------------
                      www.mp3.com/entrylevel

[This message has been edited by Dan the Speakerman (edited September 10, 2001).]
                      Dan's Music Site; melodic, ethereal rock and more! Please have a listen :^)

Comment

Looks like it sold already

I understand it needs the dual zone cord, I was just wondering if it comes packed with the pad.

I'm also wondering if you can use a dual zone cord on a single zone pad without problems? THanks!

------------------
                        www.mp3.com/entrylevel
                        Dan's Music Site; melodic, ethereal rock and more! Please have a listen :^)

Comment

Originally posted by HolShot:
                          V-club kit - $1,070.00
                          PD-80R - $206.00
                          Hardware to mount PD-80R - $26.00
                          Hosa STP203 insert cable - $8.00

Total 5-piece kit - $1,310.00
                          so where can we find the best deals to get matched?

Comment

Dan the SpeakerMan: The stereo (dual zone) cord comes with the PD-80R. As far as using a single zone cord on the PD-6 into the other Crash2 trigger input, that'll work, you just don't get the other zone. Your high-hat works the same, as that trigger input is a dual zone with a PD-6 plugged into it. I'd imagine that a plain old electric guitar cord would work fine for that!

Better still, get a Hosa STP-203 insert cord and mount the extra PD-6 as an additional floor tom, plugging it into the TOM 3/4 input along with the existing floor tom. Then, just save some Shekels and get another CY-6 so you can take full advantage of the dual trigger Crash2 input! Just another way to skin that old cat...

BTW, congrats on the new kit! I read your other post about you and your son using it. How I wish I had a Dad like you when I was growing up! He's a lucky boy!

Animal: I think I might've gotten my price from some musicians keyboard .com or something, I don't remember exactly. Go to Google.com and do a search on "V-Club" and start comparing prices, they're out there. Or better yet, try www.bpmmusic.com someone else just posted that they got theirs for the same price I got mine. BTW, I only did the price matching for the mesh pad and the V-Clubs, the rest I just asked the salesman to knock a little off on the price for me.

BTW, I'm also new to all of this. The only reason I know the above information is because others here on this forum trod that same path and freely shared that knowlege with me and others.

So here's a tip of the old hat, in gratitude, towards them that went before us!

Keep feeding each other,
                            Bob

[This message has been edited by HolShot (edited September 10, 2001).]

Comment

I got a quote from bmp music for $1,069.00 for the V-club.

Midwest percussion has the cy-6's for $79.95

Comment

Working...
                              X