Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New V-Club-Set!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New V-Club-Set!!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
    It finally happened, I bought a V-Club-Set
    Only have to wait now till the phone call that it's arrived and i can pick it up!
    Thanks everybody for the great advise! You've been a great help!

Groeten,
    Cas
    DIY!!! www.mosphat.com/drumcas

congrats! now's the hardest part - waiting for it to come!

groeten!

Comment

------------------
      http://mpcman.flappie.nl
      Music was my first love...

Comment

That's great, Cas! Welcome to the Club Club You're gonna love it!

Soon, the Upgrade Madness will strike!

------------------
        Dan's Music Site, plz have a listen :^)
        Dan's Music Site; melodic, ethereal rock and more! Please have a listen :^)

Comment

Congrats, Caspar and welcome aboard.

Hey Dan, I'm curious about the position of your hat. You have obviously intentionally placed the TD-6 between it and the snare creating a bit of a reach. The rest of your setup rather flows. What's your reason?

Comment

while you're under interrogation dan, why a 12" kick drum but only an 8" snare? since you use a single pedal, i would invest that money in your snare rather then your kick.

just my 2 cents.

Comment

Actually, since that picture, I've raised the hat a few inches AND moved it inwards as much as possible, so now it's only about 2 1/2 inches away from that first tom. Much better flow! There have been several other minor ergonomic adjustments here and there...the kit plays really well.

As far as the kick goes, I may go to a double pedal eventually; I wanted that flexibility, and I like the feel of the larger head. I got a PD80R for a snare to keep the sizes all the same, retain some kit linearity....or some such thing

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Dan the Speakerman:
                That's great, Cas! Welcome to the Club Club You're gonna love it!

Soon, the Upgrade Madness will strike!

Thanks Dan!
                I think my thirst months will cover the reading of the manual and than trying it out.....But i'm sure gonna expand like somthing you have there!

Everybody thnaks for the reactions. As soon as it is in my house...(indeed the waitIng!!!!!!!!!!! ) I will put some pics up....

Groeten,
                Cas

Comment

Hallo Dan,

How did you hook all those cymbals to your TD6 module?

Kit looks great!!

Cheers... Sjoerd

Comment

This question is along the same lines.....

Ok, since i hear you can't individually program each pad a sound, then how come you can add more cymbals or toms????

thanks,
                    ApolloSpeed

Comment

Mmmmm....the manual reveals all

Seriously, though. To handle Sjored's question first....

The CY6 all the way to the left is hooked up in the hi-hat jack, the next to the right is Crash 1, next is Crash 2, next is Ride. Of course, each cymbal pad is dual zone, including the hat and ride. The first PD6 is Tom 1, Toms 2 & 3 are connected using an insert cable to Tom 2/Aux input, and toms 4 & 5 (toms, or whatever you WANT them to be!) are connected using an insert cable to Toms 3/4 input. Refer to page 21 in the TD6 owner's manual for more details. I'm just maximizing the trigger capability of the brain...and still have one more kick trigger I could use

Apollo, where did you hear that? You can take any pad and tell it to make any sound in the brain. The kick can be a tambourine or a triangle, tom, snare, whatever. You can assign a bass drum to your crash if you like....fully customizable. These kits are really great that way

Did I cover it? Feel free to ask further questions! If I don't know, someone else does!

------------------

Comment

BTW, an insert cable essentially allows you to hook up two triggers (pads) to one input on the brain, so you can have four pads hooked up to two jacks on the brain, each doing independent, assignable sounds.

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Sjoerd:
                          Hallo Dan,

How did you hook all those cymbals to your TD6 module?

Kit looks great!!

Cheers... Sjoerd
                          Hey Sjoerd,
                          Where in Amstelveen do you live! It's my home town!

And Dan, I'm hoping to recieve my kit this weekend and am looking forward to asking you questions!
                          Did you use the sequencer already?

Groeten,
                          Cas

Comment

Originally posted by Caspar:
                            YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
                            It finally happened, I bought a V-Club-Set
                            Only have to wait now till the phone call that it's arrived and i can pick it up!
                            Thanks everybody for the great advise! You've been a great help!

Groeten,
                            Cas
                            Casper gefeliciteerd!! Ga je er alleen thuis op spelen of was je ook van plan om er in je band op te spelen.

Translation for our English speaking friends....

Casper congratulations!! Are you only playing on it at home or is it also your intention to play on it with your band?

Have a lot of fun!!

Groeten,

Peter

------------------
                            Meneer Van Zanten (sorry, in Dutch)
                            My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures, videoclips and listen to our songs)

Comment

Originally posted by Caspar:
                              Hey Sjoerd,
                              Where in Amstelveen do you live! It's my home town!
                              You guys could start the V-Club-Club

------------------
                              http://mpcman.flappie.nl
                              Music was my first love...

Comment

Working...
                              X